Urch Forums

Moderators Needed

Erin

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest some arbitary value

Hi I can b a GRE moderator., I have seen ppl moderating forums like pagalguy.com, an MBA forum and know what m,oderation requirs. Though I m interested in GRE, I think I can moderate GRE section pretty well. You should not look onto the posts the user has posted, see the quality of his posts. Though I m newq but I ll b of great use as I have tons of free time as u cn c the no of my visits per day since my joining.

I ask u to make me a 1st level moderator for the GRE section and observe me for a month or so and after a month decide whether u want me to continue or not... and i think the GRE section needs to b moderated as the current moderators mayb are not making proper use of their powers to reduce spamming, PM me if u r interested. I m online almost all the time on yahoo and MSN....

Raghav:tup:

TestMagic just keeps growing, faster and faster all the time, and I find that the forums will best continue their growth if we empower our already watchful eyes with some moderating powers. There are several of you who regularly PM me or use the button to notify me of posts (you know who you are!), and to you, I am thankful.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know, I'd probably be looking for people with at least 500 posts or so, probably more (takes a a while to get to know somebody!). There are a couple of exceptionally helpful people here with fewer posts, though, and I've already been in touch with them over the months.

Also, I'm kind of picky about the "type" of English anybody who represents TestMagic should use, as i stated back in the first post. I take a more live-and-let-live attitude with regular forum members, but for moderators, I just couldn't budge on this one. :whistle:

Just to let you guys know, I'd probably be looking for people with at least 500 posts or so, probably more (takes a a while to get to know somebody!). There are a couple of exceptionally helpful people here with fewer posts, though, and I've already been in touch with them over the months.

Aha, quality, not quantity, that counts! :)

• 3 weeks later...
From the looks of it you don't seem to need new moderators, but if you ever do need more moderators I wouldn't mind offering my services. I've done the admin/mod job many times before, so I have a pretty good idea as to what will be required of me. I've been here for about a year too, so I'll probably be sticking around for a good bit longer too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
After the death of the first president of Israel in 1952, the Israeli government decided to offer the post of second president to Einstein. He refused but found the offer an embarrassment since it was hard for him to refuse without causing offence.

So why, I don't want to be a Moderator

:D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hi ERIN !!!

After start my GRE and Toefl preparation I am spending a lot of time on this site. Specially I forgot preparation but don’t forget this site.. There are lots of contributions from me....... What about me?? Should i eligible for that??

I'm pretty picky about moderators, and if you meet the requirements I've listed earlier in this thread, you'll probably hear from me at some point in the future, when I feel the need to take on more moderators.

I appreciate your interest. :)

Hi Erin, I know that I dont satisfy your minimum posts requirement. I read your posts and replies you sent to people eager to be moderators. I do login frequently and help out with the moderation work. If you feel I can do it just let me know, I would be glad to have a priviledge to help TM.

• 10 months later...
I'm pretty picky about moderators, and if you meet the requirements I've listed earlier in this thread, you'll probably hear from me at some point in the future, when I feel the need to take on more moderators.

I appreciate your interest. :)

I want to be a Moderator.. of course if you need...

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the interest. :)

I'd love to discuss the moderator idea with you. I don't log on very often but do think Test Magic serves this community very well. I'd be happy to give the site a couple of hours a week. Please contact me if you are interested.
Well, I normally take people who've been around for a while and have made at least a few hundred quality posts. That's really the only way I have to know someone.

Let me know if you need GMAT monitors in the future.
Thanks! I'll keep you in mind. We could use one for the GMAT forums, I think.

BTW, where in Spain are you? Beautiful country!

Edit: Duh! Sorry, you're in Madrid.