• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hermione

• manwiththemission2005

• cridamour

• arjensteve

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, whass up????? Why this inactivity in this thread...Come on we cant give up our li'l dream so fast...Can we????

How about we discuss summer time in our countries??

In India, summer is one of the best/worst seasons...Best bcoz we get the tastiest fruits , mangoes, during the season and mmm, my mouth just started watering. If I ever miss any food from India, it will definetely be Mangoes and I said worst bcoz of the high temperatures and humidity...all the sultryness and etc that come with the summer...

After my GMAT class last night, my students, some friends, and I went to Cha Cha Cha, a great Caribbean restaurant in the Haight in San Francisco. :drunk: [dance] :)

And we got to talking about Indian/Bollywood movies (not the art house Indian movies). We all agreed that they were very lively, although I had only seen part of one once while flipping through the channels. I had to admit that I found the movie I happened upon oddly appealing--even though I couldn't understand a word, I couldn't tear myself away from the screen! There was something about the way the woman was dancing and the "innocent exuberance" of the characters in the film that I found so refreshing. A couple of my students (members here at the forum, too!!) started doing some of the dance movements they'd seen in the movies!! We were all laughing uproariously!! :D And this led me to wonder what India would be like in its moments of celebration and happiness!

So, please tell me more, guys! I want to hear your stories! Perhaps your favorites stories from when you were growing up, what you most like to do, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Erin, why don't to come down here for a while. I am free for two months and will show you around. :) Really. I bet you'd want to come back for more.

And we shall let you know what (most) Bollywood movies are all about.

Folks!, Let us build up a story from scratch. Every member adds a few lines and the story evolves.... (You don't have to be familiar with bollywood. You needn't even make sense. Just keep it going, interesting and free from controversies)

Let me start...

At the same time woman's husband and father of the boys( Pitha shri) is beeing chased by the goons- all very fat wearing figure hugging t-shirts with thier bellies protruding but they still can run at 45 miles/hr coz the goons are shown chasing a car with swords in their hands. They always outperform the car. Our Pithshri finds them at every escape route even as he tries to escape in a car, Meanwhile in the temple..............

.....and then the goons get hold of pitha Shri and forms a circle around him, laughing really loud and suddenly there appears...(I dont wanna hurt our Pitha Shri, so guys make something good here....)

BTW guys, let's create a story with no tragedy of any kind please :D

(Sri, please keep the flow of sentences intact. I mean, continue the sentence from where it was left off. Or, I don't know if you are planning a parallel-processing/multi-threading approach. By the way, how can there be a bollywood story without tragedies? Against whom and for what will the protagonist take his vengeance? I suggest you stick to Tom and Jerry :D.....no offense intended.)

...meanwhile in the temple,... the mother goes unconscious. However, by the divine grace of Ishwar, The mother and her babies are sheltered from the storm by a tree branch that falls miraculously into the right place.

Also by divine grace, a herd of snakes appear at the place where the Pitha Shri is being confronted by the goons. The goons are all bitten to death by the snakes. The Pitha Shri escapes unscathed (for the monent ;)). He returns home to find his dear wife missing. He searches all night but can't find her. (The branch prevents him noticing her at the temple :p).

Then the next motning,...

OOps my bad..I didnot observe that sentence "meanwhile in the temple..." and I was with pithashri all along......As far as tragedies, I just dont get it why people wanna go and pay money to watch tragedies for "entertainment"..I for one am dead against tragic movies and I most of my friends (boys included) hate tragedy movies......We all know that the world we r living in is not a perfect one, so, why shud the same thing go with movies as well?? Why not create a perfect world atleast in our fantasies??? I like movies like Armageddon, Independence Day etc where in the writer's imagination goes wild and still we can protect our world......I like such "feel-good" movies....So our directors in Bollywood may not change, but, atleast let us try to change the norm here in our forum....

Hey,

I thought Armageddon and Independence Day are classified as disaster movies.

People from bollywood have so far let the Americans take on the responsibility of saving the entire world. Be it in Reel life or Real life.

And in Bollywood, where do you get Tragedy movies, if you are speaking of the climaxes? It's always a "Everyone lived happily ever after..." kinda conclusion that you see, right?

"Tragedies" only happen in the middle of the movie, atleast back home.

That's what I intended to say, why have the least bit of tragedy in the movies?? Why can't it be always happy situations?? Why should all the actors in "some" movies cry all the time and then laugh at the end.....And who said those 2 movies were disastrous?? Movies like Independence Day, Armageddon, MIB etc were one of the big time hit movies. I guess its not appropriate for us to say that Americans took the responsibility of saving life ;) :p Its just that such American movies take their audience far from real life and into a fantasy world. I personally think that that's better than depicting yet another set of real world problems and showing a very impossible solution to the problem (and I wouldn't be surprised that there might atleast one person in the entire Indian population who would watch movies and expect that his problems in his real life also might get vanished just like the ones in the movies...)...Anyway, I dont have anything against Indian movies as such, there are many many many Telugu and Hindi movies that I really love and there are many English which I cant stand......

My whole point in that post was that we should not create any sort of fightings, or killings in "our" story here in the forum.....

BTW, I feel Tom and Jerry is tooooo kiddish, but, have u watched Monster's Inc and Shrek...They r good cartoon movies which had adult humor as well....Oh I love the kid utters "Mike Vishavski" in Monster's Inc.

Bollywood Reloaded

(Unfortunately, nobody could make sense of the first version. So, you have to see the sequel for yourself.)

Then the next morning, the Villian (BigBoss) sends another troop of goons, now determined to exterminate the Pitha Shri and his family. (Why this grudge? - we will see in a FlashBack).

The Maa runs for her life along with the babies and reaches the railway station. With the goons chasing her, she plans to board a running goods wagon, but only manages to upload(?) one of her babies. (The great separation we are all waiting for happens!)

Then,..

Arz Hai... (Presented here is a poem for your pleasure...lifted from elsewhere)

Door se dekha to kuchh dikha nahi, (From a distance I could see nothing there)

Door se dekha to kuchh dikha nahi, (-repeat-)

Paas jake dekha to kuchh tha hi nahi. (When I went there, there was indeed nothing there.)

Erin, you have to live with it, we sometime choose not to make sense. :p

So carrying on with our script.........

The baby, one left on the platform is picked up by an old sweeper couple who do not have any childeren of their own so they decide to raise him( Hey Raghu shall we make a kahani mein twist.....how about a girl nd a boy for twins...well the idea is not to copy any popular scripts). Meanwhile the Mother gets out of the train onto a platform of a very small lonely place called Chambalpur. and meets some very friendly ppl. The mukhiya of the village accepts her to be the part of their clan and shelters her..Now the titles--with sequences of how both the twins are raised and with background score by Bappi Lahari( the famous ding chak ding chak ding one....)

Originally posted by varkir

The baby, one left on the platform is picked up by an old sweeper couple who do not have any childeren of their own so they decide to raise him( Hey Raghu shall we make a kahani mein twist.....how about a girl nd a boy for twins...well the idea is not to copy any popular scripts). Meanwhile the Mother gets out of the train onto a platform of a very small lonely place called Chambalpur. and meets some very friendly ppl. The mukhiya of the village accepts her to be the part of their clan and shelters her..Now the titles--with sequences of how both the twins are raised and with background score by Bappi Lahari( the famous ding chak ding chak ding one....)

Please translate the Hindi words for us

• 3 weeks later...

Ro, I noticed that none of us translated Hindi words for u....So here it goes.....I have the translated english words in Red!!!

Originally posted by AmigoRo

The baby, one left on the platform is picked up by an old sweeper couple who do not have any childeren of their own so they decide to raise him( Hey Raghu shall we make a kahani --> story mein--> in twist.....how about a girl nd a boy for twins...well the idea is not to copy any popular scripts). Meanwhile the Mother gets out of the train onto a platform of a very small lonely place called Chambalpur. and meets some very friendly ppl. The mukhiya--> Head of the village accepts her to be the part of their clan and shelters her..Now the titles--with sequences of how both the twins are raised and with background score by Bappi Lahari( the famous ding chak ding chak ding one....)

Sri.

Originally posted by Sri

Ro, I noticed that none of us translated Hindi words for u....So here it goes.....I have the translated english words in Red!!!

Originally posted by AmigoRo

The baby, one left on the platform is picked up by an old sweeper couple who do not have any childeren of their own so they decide to raise him( Hey Raghu shall we make a kahani --> story mein--> in twist.....how about a girl nd a boy for twins...well the idea is not to copy any popular scripts). Meanwhile the Mother gets out of the train onto a platform of a very small lonely place called Chambalpur. and meets some very friendly ppl. The mukhiya--> Head of the village accepts her to be the part of their clan and shelters her..Now the titles--with sequences of how both the twins are raised and with background score by Bappi Lahari( the famous ding chak ding chak ding one....)

Sri.

Thanks Sri!

• 2 weeks later...