• Replies 21.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hermione

• manwiththemission2005

• cridamour

• arjensteve

Bandit Queen is a popular (and controversial) movie based on the life of a woman-dacoit, 'Phoolan Devi' who once terrorised parts of North India, operating from the dense jungles of Central India. The actual Phoolan Devi reformed later, but was murdered just over a year ago.

Looks like our Mega thread had a brief lull (in between 02:54:09 and 07:13:04) after the initial storm.

Dinner time (pretty late already), here in India.

Hoping to see many many many many many many many many many many many many posts soon.......

Oooooooh. I missed some wild action, but, last night after my first few initial posts I fell asleep on my couch watching news....Anyways, I am back now...Vert, Thanks for all those compliments about me from ur side....But, if u say me and Ro as a suitable couple, my sweet hubby might get all wild ;) [}:)] (Just kidding) and thanks for comparing me to Mother Teresa, but, I am nowhere in comparision to her at all ....

-Sri.

About my favorite actors, Hmm, I love Denzel Washington and Julia Roberts among holywood stars (I should have watched their movie "Pelican Brief" umpteen number of times) and among bollywood stars I love Aamir Khan and Tabu and among Tollywood actors (is that what the telugu film industry is called these days??, Raghuveer help me out here) I love Nagarjuna and Soundary :D

For Erin and others who dont know what Telugu is , that's my mother tongue and that's the language that's spoken in our state, Andhra Pradesh, a southern state in India. Its called the "Italian of the east"...Its one of the many derivatives of Sanskrit....One more thing I want to add here, whenever someone (a non-Indian) heard us talking this language, we always get a compliment that its like a rhyme :D

Originally posted by AmigoRo

Will women settle for Rasogoolas?

No way Ro..Bcoz women and sweets are poles apart (I hope u know why, otherwise, sweets are rich sources of fat and especially rasogoolas, as they r made from full fat milk and then dipped in sugar solution!!!!)

About "Bandit Queen", I personally disliked the movie and also the theme of the movie...Hey come on she is a decoit and a murderer...u can't take her picture and put it on par with the other movies which depict the life stories of great leaders like Mahatma Gandhi...I can never understand why people went GAGA over that movie

Well, now, how about we change topic ??

What's your favorite all time movie??

Mine : "The Pelican Brief" (ENGLISH)

Starring Julia Roberts and Denzel Washington.

Please post your favorite movies also in the same pattern as above (with the language of the movie in parentheses and then give the actors names in the next line). That way all of us can understand things better.

Originally posted by vertical_horizon

Hey am I playing alone ??? My Bro & Sis Where Art Thou???

This reminds me of another awesome movie "Oh Brother! Where Art Thou!" Man I never expected so much from George Clooney and especially that last song , for which I guess the artist won the Grammy Award last year...

Coming to Movies,

Well, my choice would be

The Lord of the Rings (Viggo Mortensen, Elija Wood, Ian McKellan, Christopher 'Dracula' Lee, Liv Tyler, Miranda Otto..............)

I'm really going nuts over the 'Rings' especially after reading the book and watching the movies :D. I just cant wait to see the 'Return of the King'. How do you guys (and gals of course)like it??

I guess I will be the only one if I say that I DONT LIKE RINGS...To be frank I never could bring myself to watching it...Since everybody is saying so much about it, I will try to watch it one of these days....I guess I dont like Elijah Wood that much and hence dont like the movie itself.....

Then,....

I can't read through all your great posts in this thread right now. I will do it gradually. So, I have no idea what's being discussed right now, but what the heck, I will talk about something I wish to speak about....

did somebody say favourite actors?

Tom Hanks is one of my fav.s

Then,....lemme think,....Gladiator is one of the finest movies I've seen.

I will get organized and then repost, bye for now!

• Like 1

Hmmm ... seems like is no body else is active presently...

so it's all on my shoulders for the moment to keep the numbers ticking :) okay!

Hey!

I think you guys know the "Murphy's Law". right?

["If something can go wrong, It will"]

I have heard them say that it's a form of "optimism".

can somebody tell me how!?!?!

okay guys!

let me introduce another exciting thing into this already crazy thread....

We are already trying to make this the longest post,

Let us all compete among ourselves to establish the record for the MOST SUCCESSIVE POSTS BY THE SAME MEMBER in any thread

And the RACE IS ALREADY ON...