Urch Forums

World's Longest Thread

AmigoRo

When the thread has no posts it goes down. See what I mean? hehe...yeah I better get back to flashcards. Overall I made 3740. All of which I did not know before starting with Barron's.

Ok ok I won't talk about tennis players.

Ah, I see what you're saying--from the forum category page.

Well, we should be on top now. [dance]

• Replies 21.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hermione

• manwiththemission2005

• cridamour

• arjensteve

Yeah, I saw that a while ago. I thought I was the only Erin Billy in the United States.

One interesting thing, though--she's an American Indian, as was my grandfather. In fact, that's where I get the surname from.

Erin,

Where does the Erin come from? Since I first saw it I've been wondering if it denotes Erse connections.

Michael

Where does the Erin come from? Since I first saw it I've been wondering if it denotes Erse connections.
Funny you should ask. Not too long ago, I finally asked my mother why that choice; I'd always assumed it was to honor my Irish-American grandmother. Turns out that wasn't the reason, though. Seems my predicted birthdate was St. Patrick's Day, and my parents chose the name because of that date. I was born a bit early, though. :whistle:

I've got to ask again to be sure, though. Sounds a little fishy if you ask me. :D

Funny you should ask. Not too long ago, I finally asked my mother why that choice; I'd always assumed it was to honor my Irish-American grandmother.

erin

\E"rin\ ([=e]"r[i^]n), n. [ir. Cf. Aryan.] An early, and now a poetic, name of Ireland.

so, there you go .... :)

Funny you should ask. Not too long ago, I finally asked my mother why that choice; I'd always assumed it was to honor my Irish-American grandmother. Turns out that wasn't the reason, though. Seems my predicted birthdate was St. Patrick's Day, and my parents chose the name because of that date. I was born a bit early, though. :whistle:

I've got to ask again to be sure, though. Sounds a little fishy if you ask me. :D

Erin,

Which just goes to show that predicting offspring and their arrival is a hazardous activity.

My mother was convinced I was going to be a girl. I was going to be named Winona (Winnie Wasley - heaven forfend!) and have ballet lessons.

So sure was this prediction that when the hospital rang my grandmother and said "It's a boy" she asked "Are you sure?".

Michael