Urch Forums

What is considered a good score on the chem GRE?

chemstudent323

Hi -

I was just wondering if anyone knew what is considered a 'good' score on the chemistry subject test GRE for an undergraduate student?

Hi,

I will answer immediately after you define the term "good" in your coordinate system. ;) :D

As you can figure out from posts in this abondoned thread 850 is "good" for Cornell. For OSU, if I remember it right - 770 is "good".

The choice is yours.

• 2 years later...
A good score for international applicants needs to be much higher than that of US applicants. That is because admissions committees know that international applicants will spend much more time preparing for these exams and have much more, shall we say, extreme/cheating sorts of mechanisms to help them do very well on these tests. So an international applicant needs at least 90% to be considered competitive, while a US applicant will do fine with a 70%. But a US applicant will not be hurt by their GRE Chemistry scores until it gets below 50%.

• 2 years later...