Urch Forums

What are your SAT Writing and essay scores so far?

HiLine

I don't understand what you mean,could you please explain it to me?

Finally,is the essay worth and why?

He is saying that the essay is worth more than what people (such as Princeton Review teachers) imagine it to be. The Essay is worth about ~30% of the Writing Score -- it's worth a different amount on each test -- while the MC makes up the rest.

Remember, unless you are applying to the UC system you shouldn't worry about the Writing Section too much - school's are being wary over how accurate the test is and what is considered a "good" score. Definitely focus on the Critical Reading/Math section first if you are especially weak in certain areas.

I find ACT's way of adding the essay to their test as a much more versatile measure of a person's writing score -- I especially like the readers' comments on your essay; it's much more relaxing to see that someone actually spent the time to read your essay than the generic rubric you see in your SAT Score Report. ;)

Whew! Enough Ranting. :whistle:

• 1 month later...
I don't understand what you mean,could you please explain it to me?

Finally,is the essay worth and why?

The SAT Essay is worth 30% of your total writing score. The writing score will be given more weight, equal weight, or lesser weight than the other sections depeding on the policy of the school you apply to.

To members of this forum I'm offering a free report that lists the SAT policies of the top 374 school. You can find the report by clicking on this link http://www.sat-essay.net/Bonus3.html

Let me know if this information was helpful.

Rodney Daut

Author of "How to Write Fast and Effectively for the New SAT"

www.sat-essay.net

Thanks,Roddaut.The information is very helpful,but how did you gather those facts?

Hiline,

I got that information from a test prep company called achieverspoint.com. You could get the same information by asking these schools yourself but it would take a lot of time.

Rodney Daut

Author of "How to Write Fast and Effectively for the New SAT Essay"

www.sat-essay.net

• 2 weeks later...