Urch Forums

Interest in Ad

preity

In reference to the ad placed in today’s newspaper, several callers expressed interest in renting the currently empty loft.

A.In reference to the ad placed in today’s newspaper, several callers expressed interest in

B.Referring to the ad placed in today’s newspaper, callers expressed interest about

C.Referring to the ad placed in today’s newspaper, callers have expressed interest in

D.With reference to the ad placed in today’s newspaper, callers frequently expressed interest about

E.When referring to the ad placed in today’s newspaper, callers frequently express interest about

You guys got it.I was narrowed down to A nd C as i got the idiom interest in. Then i picked A.

Ram! why are u saying "In Reference" is incorrect? Is it unidiomatic or since this sentence is present continuous, using "In reference" is wrong.

Can u please clarify.

BTW OA is C

You guys got it.I was narrowed down to A nd C as i got the idiom interest in. Then i picked A.

Ram! why are u saying "In Reference" is incorrect? Is it unidiomatic or since this sentence is present continuous, using "In reference" is wrong.

Can u please clarify.

BTW OA is C

"In reference to" is a prepositional phrase which means the same thing as "Regarding". A better example would be "In reference to the question asked by my opponent, I would like to state that..."

In this context (a newspaper ad) "with reference to" would be preferrable, IMO.

• 7 years later...