Urch Forums

Can intern hours got transferred?

fpgee2005dec

Hi All,

I'm in DC, but I wanna get a liscence of MD. I sat for the FPGEE Dec 2005, waiting for results..

I wanna ask that if I'll do my internship in DC, will those intern hours will be accepted by the MD Board of Pharmacy or not??

Another question which bother me most is: Can we do our internship in different pharmcy or it need to be from only one pharmacy??

Help will be apperciated.

You can easily transfer intern hours from state to state just by writing letter to the state board where you got your hours. Yes, you can work as many pharmacies as you want as long as the hours are properly signed by your pharmacist incharge. Also look for state board of pharmacy websites for exact procedures.

Testviz,

Thank u so much.. I'll start to look around for the internship oppetunities around. I'm much relieved because I passed my FPGEE, and TSE is there.

Thanks again

You can easily transfer intern hours from state to state just by writing letter to the state board where you got your hours. Yes, you can work as many pharmacies as you want as long as the hours are properly signed by your pharmacist incharge. Also look for state board of pharmacy websites for exact procedures.

Yes, but they r not exactly evaluation forms. They r intern report forms. You have submit signed forms for every pharmacy you worked. Also check the board web site if there is any dead line for reporting. Some mandates monthly reporting, some quaterly and some after you complete all the required hours. Also some boards request to report even if you not working.

Many boards also requests you to get a letter from ur preceptor before applying for pharmacist license. This is more like evaluation form and you can get this from any pharmacist you worked (usually from pharmacist u worked more hours) and have good relation.