Urch Forums

TOEFL essay help thread

ish

:hmm: hi, ish, could you plz rate my essay? Thx a lot!

Subject: Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Which could be better, to spend what your earn for joy, or save it for security? Some people will agree the former is more important for a high quality life, while the others may think the latter is more rational way. But for me, it really depends.

After all, people are in different social contexts, which demand how to use their money. The low -income parents who have three children will pay more attention on how to afford children’s education expense. Meanwhile a young single man who works in Wall Street could spend his money on big brands.

Yet, the choice relies on the different life styles or values. Compare two guys who have similar incomes but different life styles. One saves his money until he can afford a big house at the age of 50, and the other enjoys his money on many things but has to pay a loan for his house until 50 years old. Most life of the first guy is spent on saving money for house, so that he may miss many interesting experience. For example, he could never travel abroad or even never take family to a new place far away. However, the latter could be always lack of funds but actually possess more exciting experiences in life. The difference on consume behaviors reflects the individual lifestyles, values and their personal experiences.

Therefore, it may be more meaningful if we turn the question to the point that, the security or self-satisfactory, which is more important for you as money as considered. Saving money is conductive to plan your future actively, keep you in financial security, and reduce the threat of potential risks in the future, such as unemployment, emergency, and so forth, especially when you have a family to support. I strongly disagree on splurge, however, admittedly, sometime the money is a good way to realize self-satisfactory which many people look forward to. From this view, the money on Philharmonic Concert, the climbing trial, or a donation for homeless children is worthy as same as that of bread.

In short, whether you save what you earn or just have it to burn, will depends on personal choices on the condition that one can manage. And the last but not the least, there are still have many options between a miser and a spendthrift. You must be able to find a good balance between the security and your desire.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many students have to live with roommates while going to school or university. What are some of the important qualities of a good roommate? Use specific reasons and examples to explain why those qualities are important.

Students have to live and challenge may difficulties during there school years. The biggest issue is money, student cannot afford many things on there own and one of it is place to live. Therefore most students share rooms and apartments.

First of all, roommate has to reveal himself/herself to who he/she really is and what is her goal in school. Hence living in same apartment for long period of time requires each others understanding. For example, two students living in one room should understand consequences and be in absolute relationship. Because students should not waist any time on conflicts and each others businesses.

Secondly, understanding duties are very important because an apartment or room need to be maintained. Good roommate is who would understand the consequences and will fallow the rules. For example 2 different roommates, one who likes when everything is clean around and second who does not care about hygiene. They will always argue about keeping the room clean.

Finally, I believe that good roommate should be your friend. Who will always understand you and will give you support no matter how difficult it will be. For instance, when I was in high school, I used to share my room with my best friend. We understood each others duties and fallowed the rules. We also had a schedule of cleaning and taking out the trash. This way we always concentrated on our school subjects and never wasted time on other things.

Taking in to a consideration all the facts, I believe that one of the best quality of a roommate is friendliness and understanding. Moreover if there will be misunderstanding, friend will always find a way to solve the problem.

:idea: Some people like doing work by hand. Others prefer using machines. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Work requires either machine or hand to complete it. Hand is more accurate and will take more time to put end on job. Machine is faster but cannot be as accurate as hand. For example, hand sawing is more accurate than machine sawing. Moreover people nowadays need everything to be done fast.

First off all, working with hand could be more difficult and time requiring. Therefore there are certain jobs that people rather use hand then machines. Because that particular object need accuracy. For instance, working with jewelry requires 100% hand work because it has to be 100% accurate. Also decorating expensive jewelry is done by professionals who only use there bare hands. And it is more appreciated in price later on.

Secondly, working with machines is common known nowadays. The reason why is because people need work to be done fast. Moreover there are jobs that only worker equipped with right machine is capable doing it. For example, building a residential or commercial part is a lot of responsibility and work. First workers put frame together by welding it otherwise it will collapse. Then they bring it to the end but everything is done by machines controlled by man.

Finally, there are some jobs that require 2 step works. first done by machines and second by bare hand. For example, finding a old artifact or remnants of living cells deep in ground. First step is to bring have machines to dig certain amount of ground so there will be only few inches left and second is archaeologists dig few inch with tools that will not harm the finding.

Taking in to a consideration all the facts mentioned above I came to a conclusion that certain job requires hand work and some machinery work. But I prefer to work with machines because I like something to be done easy fast and does not require accuracy.

Hi Ish, Could you please rate my essay? Thanks

Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other people prefer to prepare and eat food at home. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

People prefer either making food at home or eating out. In my view eating food at home is a healthy option even though it is time consuming. While eating at home, I can spend more time with my family and also this is more economical and helps to maintain my vegetarian habits.

Health is very important in life. Eating outside can spoil health, because of poor sanitation in public places like restaurants. I would like to maintain my good health by preparing and eating healthy food at home. I like to eat low carbohydrate food, because I want to reduce my fat. At home I can make food for my personal dietary requirements, which is not always possible to get out side.

Spending time with family is fun and more enjoyable to me. I prefer to eat at home, because I can spend more time with my family. This helps in better understanding of family members and also they will be happy in my presence.

Eating out is expensive, because the restaurants sell food with an idea of profit in mind. To keep my expenses within my budget, I like to make food at home. I can save this money for urgent needs.

For vegetarians, it is very difficult to find good recipes in restaurants. Strict vegetarians like me always face problems in getting food from restaurants. So I like to make my vegetarian food at home.

On the other hand, making food at home is time consuming. And also this is not possible if we don’t know how to cook. Many of my friends prefer to eat outside because they don’t know how to make good food at home.

In summary, we can eat food at home or out side depending on our personal preferences. By considering my health, budget, family and vegetarian habits, I strongly prefer to eat at home.

We are a bit caught up right now , sorry for this delay :)

Hi Ish, Could you please rate my essay? Thanks

Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other people prefer to prepare and eat food at home. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

People prefer either making food at home or eating out.[either prefer making food at home or eating out] In my view [,] eating food at home is a healthy option even though it is time consuming. While eating at home, I can spend more time with my family and also this is more economical and helps to maintain my vegetarian habits. [decent, not convinced about maintaing the vegetarian habits tho]

Health is very important in life. Eating outside can spoil health, because of poor sanitation in public places like restaurants. I would like to maintain my good health by preparing and eating healthy food at home. I like to eat low carbohydrate food, because I want to reduce my fat. At home I can make food for my personal dietary requirements, which is not always possible to get out side.[good points here, phrase the sentences better though]

Spending time with family is fun and more[most] enjoyable to me. I prefer to eat at home, because I can spend more time with my family. This helps in better understanding of family members and also they will be happy in my presence.

Eating out is expensive, because the restaurants sell food with an idea of profit in mind. To keep my expenses within my budget, I like to make food at home. I can save this money for urgent needs. [good]

For vegetarians, it is very difficult to find good recipes in restaurants. Strict vegetarians like me always face problems in getting food from restaurants. So I like to make my vegetarian food at home.

On the other hand, making food at home is time consuming. And also this is not possible if we don’t know how to cook.[ah yes! me having a few disastrs at my new place :D] Many of my friends prefer to eat outside because they don’t know how to make good food at home.

In summary, we can eat food at home or out side depending on our personal preferences. By considering my health, budget, family and vegetarian habits, I strongly prefer to eat at home. [decent ending[

Improve and vary your vocabulary, you have some very good points. Put them together constructing very catchy intros and conclusions. keep working hard and referringh the previous posts.

Nuclear family

Two hypothesis are available about how can family live together. Some groups family believes that it’s better to live as a nuclear family than to live in a extended family. It means that they believe to live with a family with more limited crowd which called nuclear family is better than extended family with uncle, aunt, and grandmother, grand fathered,etc. these family to know better the nuclear one because of several reasons such as 1.children will be more independent in nuclear family 2.family with fewer crowds would have more silence 3.these families have more dominate and proficiency to train the children.

Have an independent children is one of the most important reasons which because of that some people believing nuclear family more. Moreover, children in crowded family use to need someone near them. Indeed, it makes them more emotional and sentimental.

Silence is the other point which nuclear family emphasis on. They think a extended family, because of their crowd never can be as silence as nuclear one. For example, parents after of all daily presser need to have a comfortable place and maybe it’s makes them nerves a bit to face with a crowded home.

Obviously, the treatment of all persons at home has an effect in children, especially in small child because their personalities are not still formed enough. Thus, parents can not have a very impressive effect in training.

In summary, both nuclear family and extended family are two acceptable hypotheses that we have more emphasis on nuclear one.

:) how appropriate is it that im reading this now!

Many students have to live with roommates while going to school or university. What are some of the important qualities of a good roommate? Use specific reasons and examples to explain why those qualities are important.

Students have to live and challenge[face] may difficulties during there[their] school years. The biggest issue is money, student cannot afford many things on there[their] own and one of it is place to live. Therefore most students share rooms and apartments.

First of all, roommate has to reveal himself/herself to who he/she really is[not sure i got this :hmm: ] and what is her goal in school[her goals in school are]. Hence living in same apartment for long period of time requires each others[punctuate] understanding. For example, two students living in one room should understand consequences and be in absolute relationship. Because students should not waist[waste] any time on conflicts and each others businesses.[ok]

Secondly, understanding duties are very important because an apartment or room need to be maintained. Good roommate is [someone]who would understand the consequences and will fallow[follow] the rules. For example 2 different roommates, one who likes it when everything is clean around and second who does not care about hygiene. They will always argue about keeping the room clean.

Finally, I believe that good roommate should be your friend. Who will always understand you and will give you support[support you] no matter how difficult it will be. For instance, when I was in high school, I used to share my room with my best friend.

We understood each others duties and fallowed[followed] the rules. We also had a schedule of cleaning and taking out the trash. This way we always concentrated on our school subjects and never wasted time on other things.

Taking in to a consideration all the facts, I believe that one of the best quality of a roommate is friendliness and understanding. Moreover if there will be misunderstanding[ a misundertanding arises], friend will always find a way to solve the problem.

you have to improve your knowledge and usage of past and future tenses in your sentences. Avoid typos, keep practicing and get a better flow :)

Hi could you please rate my essay? thanks.

Is it more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics?

Students need to learn several subjects including history, literature, science and mathematics. I believe that science and mathematics are more important for students to achieve their good career, to understand and maintain good health and to foster the scientific growth of the word.

History and literature must be learned by a student during his high school age for general knowledge and also to communicate well with the society. These subjects definitely improve student's general knowledge.

However, a student needs to be competitive in this world to achieve his career goals. Students can shine in this competitive world if they excel in science or maths. For example, all engineers and scientists need to be well versed in maths and science to build their career and also to maintain their career.

By studying maths we can improve our mental ability to solve day to day problems. The science is very critical to understand our health issues and to maintain good health. For example, a science graduate can understand better about the implications of smoking on health and can educate his family and friends better than a history or a literature graduate.

Science and mathematics are important for overall growth of the society. The world has changed drastically in last two decades because of the science and maths. The scientific achievements in medicine have improved the average life span for the humans. Scientific revolutions like computers and internet made the world a global village.

In my opinion, history and literature need to be learned by a student for general knowledge and for better communication. On the other hand, science and maths are very important for a student because these are important subjects for career building, to maintain good health and to foster the overall growth of the world.

Hi, Please review this essay

Topic : "The media (books, film, music, television, for example) tend to create rather than reflect the values of a society."

Essay:::

In today's world, media has emerged to become the single most influential entity for people and for the society on the whole. Over the past few years, media has become more people-conscious, has tuned itself to people's demands and has started to drive many people's lives. Nowadays, the media has become powerful enough to create values of a society rather than just reflect on them. However, media has the power to only recreate the values which might have been long forgotten by a society or some of its constituents. This statement can be corroborated with examples from changing culinary habits of people, condemnation of terrorist activities worldwide, speedy justice for crimes like rape, misinformation to public etc.

At the onset, media has influenced what people wear, what people eat all over the world. People have become more health conscious and have started eating healthy, exercising daily etc. This has been due to highlighting of health problems faced by obese people and benefits of living healthy by the media . Apart from that media has also highlighted trivial things to people that can be done to make a major impact on their health like drinking plenty of water, climbing stairs rather than taking the elevator among others. This has led people to believe that even if they are short of time and can't go to the gym to exercise regularly they can still remain in shape. Hence, media has created a value of healthy living in the society.

Furthermore, media has increased awareness in people about war crimes, terrorist activities happening all around the globe. This has led people to empathise with their counterparts across continents and call for immediate action against the erring parties from International communities and the United Nation(UN). This has led to many peaceful resolutions between countries and factions of people in countries. Developed countries have become more aware of problems faced by third world countries due to various internal and external conflicts and they are pushing the hostile countries for finding an amicable solution to the problems.

Also, increased media coverage and people sensitisation by the media on issues and crimes like rape, misinformation to public by corporates have led to tougher punishment for rapists and condemnation of companies and business tycoons who put people health and lives to risk. This has resulted into bans on various medicines which have side-effects all over the globe. Sale of products like cigarettes to minors have been banned in many countries now. This has been supported and instigated by media by increasing awareness in people.

To recapitulate, media has become the most influential body for a society. Media has made people living in society to become more conscious of problems faced by their counterparts in their neighborhood, in their adjacent state, and across continents. Hence, media has started to create and modify the values of a society rather than just simply to reflect on them.

##########

• 3 weeks later...

Do you agree or dis agree - Television has destoyed communication among friends and family.

Advance in technology has brought us very useful innovation, Television. Today, it has proven very helpful for our safety, enjoyment and in educational purpose. Dispite of these good qualities it has also some negetive influences in our lives. However, I belive that it's virtues outweigh it's bad qualities, so I will describe it's advantages.

First of all, it is very important for our safe lives. the information through TV disseminate so quickly from one corner of world to another. For example, just few days ago, Europe government came to know about the plot of terrors to blow up 10 flights. This information spraded throughout the world in a matter of minutes. That's how we were able to failed that mission.

Secondly, it provides variety of programs, like news through which we can keep ourselves connected to the outer world. Educational programms provides enjoyable media for learning, and help to increase our knowledge. Soap operas entertain us and make us stressfress from our work.

From the above mentioned points, I would conclude that positive qualities of televisions far outweigh it's negetive influences and so I don't agree that it has destroyed communication among friends and family but it has make the world smaller.

Do you agree or dis agree - Television has destoyed communication among friends and family.

Advance [advancement] in technology has brought us [a] very useful innovation, Television. Today, it has proven very helpful for our safety, enjoyment and in educational purpose. Dispite of [Despite]these good qualities it has also some negetive influences in our lives. However, I belive that it's virtues outweigh it's bad qualities, so I will describe it's advantages.

It is not a bad start, but I think you can work on your overall sentence construction.. Make the sentences more terse and more direct.

First of all, it is very important for our safe lives. the information through TV disseminate so quickly from one corner of world to another. For example, just few days ago, Europe government came to know about the plot of terrors to blow up 10 flights. This information spraded throughout the world in a matter of minutes. That's how we were able to failed that mission.

Okay, I dont think this is a very valid point. Firstly you are taking up a terribly huge issue, terrorism. And saying that the government cmes to know about terror plots from local TV is not at all accurate. Edit this totally.

Secondly, it provides variety of programs, like news through which we can keep ourselves connected to the outer world. Educational programms provides enjoyable media for learning, and help to increase our knowledge. Soap operas entertain us and make us stressfress from our work.

not bad at all.

From the above mentioned points, I would conclude that positive qualities of televisions far outweigh it's negetive influences and so I don't agree that it has destroyed communication among friends and family but it has make[made] the world smaller.

You basically have just two points to prove your claim, and I personall find the first to be a bit off the mark. In every essay make sure you have 3 points, that would be 3 paragraphs..

Also, improve your sentence constructions. This will come with continued practise.

Avoi typos and dont capitalise in the middle of a sentence and dont start a new sentence without cpitalising!

good luck :)

Today, television has become core media for our entertainment as well as to keep ourselves connected to the outer world. It has proven very useful in ourlives so I believe that it has improved communication between friends and family.

First of all, I believe that people could have variety of topics to talk about, if they are watching same programes. For example, the series friends which is most popular comedy series and I watch it religiously so everyday I discuss about it with my friends. Some of my friends have job so they cannot keep track of watching it that's why I explained them what happened in it. That's how TV has influence our communication.

Secondly, as TV provides us enormous different programms in which some are educationally important. These programmes help in keeping conversation between parents and their children. In addition to that it provides enjoyable learning media for the children who don't like study. These children can easily remember the material feeded through visual media rather than written books.

Thirdly, for me it provides entertainment to cope up with my stress. After my work, due to working in avery stressful environment, I feel like I don't want to do anything, not even my dinner. That time I watch some comedy serieces, which make me laugh and fuel my energy.

From all above points, I strongly beleve that TV has improved our communication with friends and family rather than destroying it.

Do u agree or disagree with the following statment.

It is better to work for a large company than small company.

Researches have shown that 90% of the businesses are small. However, big companies make big profits and may provide good benefits. I would choose to work for a small company as I have experienced the other one.

First reason for my choice is the interaction between employee and employer (company's owner). In large companies It is really impossible for us to interact with the boss. For example, when I was working in a pharmacy chain store, our store was economically good initially but few years later, due to our competitors in the surrounding, it went down. The reason for it, was that our customer services was not good and quick as our competitors. Due to lake of interaction, we weren't able to discuss the problems with our boss.

As I have experienced, in large companies you can not get satisfactory reward for your hard work. Nobody really cares about your good work. In small companies you are attached to your boss, even you can ask for raise as your reward for your work.

It is obvious that large companies may provide some benefits like, insurance and other facilities. But i don't think that small companies are not able to provide what any employee needs.

In conclusion, I would say that I would like to work for a small company rather than a large company.

Some people believe that university students should be required to attend classes. Others believe that going to classes should be optional for students. Which point of view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer.

Some people claim that university students should be required to attend classes. However, others think that attending classes should be optional for them. In my point of view, I am convinced that although university students is older than high school students and should have more freedom, attending class should be a compulsory job for them instead of a voluntary one because they can benefit a lot from attending classes.

The biggest benefit students can get from attending class would be that they will study more effectively, because they can learn the key points from teachers easily, which they may find out through great effort on their own. In classes, teachers usually deliver the most important knowledge, which they summarize through their long-time working experience. Students are hardly to obtain these knowledge by themselves in a short time. Therefore, attending classes will save much time for them.

Another benefit is that students can learn knowledge more systematically by listening to teachers than by self-study. In university, there is a schedule for every subject. Classes are components of every schedule. When students finished all classes of a subject, they finish the study of it. This is the cycle of teaching a subject. Following this procedure, students can learn step by step and will have solid foundation. Nevertheless, if they only learn by themselves and don’t go to class, they may feel quicker some time, but they may neglect something important and will not have strong basis.

Finally, students can benefit from classmates if they attend classes. In current university classes, there are a lot of discussions and presentations, through which classmates may deliver some useful knowledge as well, which may spark their thoughts sometimes. If they do not go to class, they may lose such good opportunities to learn from others.

In a word, attending classes is necessary for university students. Students can benefit a lot through attending classes. They not only can learn more effectively and systematically, but also have the opportunities to learn from classmates in the classes.

please rate my essay - do you agree or disagree- with hte help of technology students nowadays can learn more information and learn it more quickly.

I am totally agree with the given statement. Advancement in technology has made our life easy and fast. Human is the sole creator of technology, his mind plays a crucial role in creating new questions and then thinking thoroughly on it and come up with the bright solution, called technology. I will explain how technology has changed our life.

Technologies, like internet, email and interactive computer tutors are very important for today's students. In the past students required to attend 8-10 hours school which was so boaring and hard to keep their concentration through out the day. On the other hand, due to online classes and computer based tutors they can take classes at home and also at the time they want it.

Internat is the highway of infomation. Students can get any information in a matter of minutes. On internat they can discuss with their favorite teachers. It is also widely accessible, like in library, school, office and at home.

Technology is also convenient and interesting for students. For example cds and flooppies are easy to carry and students are willing to read them. Big bulky books are being replaced by adobe reading documents.

Finally, I would say that technology gives new look to our study so students can study quickly and grasp the material at their high possible level. It provides plenty of information in a matter of minutes.

please rate my eassy and also suggest the drawbacks.

Subject: Many students have to live with roommates while going to school or university. What are some of the important qualities of a good roommate? Use specific reasons and examples to explain why these qualties are important.

Every person in his/her student life has to live with a roommate sometime. So, a roommate must be good and certainly have some good qualities like friendly, respectable, and helpful simultaneously he/she should not be disturbing.

A student after coming back from school or college has to stay with roommate in the room. A friendly roommate is one with whom we can share our experiences through out the day. With a friendly person we can share our gains and loses and also some times we can get good advice from him/her in tough situations.

In addition to being friendly, a roommate should be respectable because every one likes to preserve his/her personal space. A respectable person will never invade our personal space so that we can feel safe in his/her presence.

A roommate should be helpful because in some situations like you got fever or any other bad health situation which requires a helping person who can bring medicines or can take you to hospital if it requires.

Room mate should never be disturbing. For example you have an exam the next day and you want to study, then your roommate should not disturb you from studying by doing things like watching TV with high volume , listening to music etc.

For every one student life should be ever remember able, so a good roommate with all these qualities will definitely be remember able person in one’s life.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum.Could you check my first essay please?

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should give the same amount of money to their students’ sports activities as they give to their universities libraries. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

University students face challenges on their path to educational success. They learn more, study more in order to pass the next exams and move on. Libraries are the essential knowledge and very important for students. They spend a lot of time in the library building up the knowledge. However, in my opinion universities should give the same amount of money to their students’ sports activities as they give to their university libraries for several reasons.

The first and most important reason to support sports activity in universities is that it has substantial health benefits. Health is very important in our life. Sports can prevent or delay symptoms of disease. For example, sports can prevent from catching a cold and missing the lecture. In the future sport can prevent from serious diseases such as heart attacks, sugar, diabetes, or strokes. Physical effort and skills has favorable effects on capacity endurance, muscular strength, and cardiovascular endurance.

Another reason to support students’ sports is that it effects on mental health. Physical activity can help increase students' capacity for learning. Daily physical effort improves respiration rates and blood circulation so the brain is supplied with more oxygen. Therefore student performance and learning improve.

The final reason to support physical activities in the universities is that it reduces stress. Students face a lot of stress while taking exams. Physical activities are helping to release tension and anxiety. For instance, exercise program facilitates stability and resilience.

In the end, because education is so important to achieve the goals, it should be allowed to give more money for the sports activities to achieve academic excellence. Therefore, the students should have their rights to participate in physical activities in order to be successful, open-minded, and promote health and fitness.

please rate my eassy

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement . Always telling truth is most important consideration in any relation between people.

Telling truth is one of the important characteristic one should have in order to maintain a good relationship, though there are some situations in which one don’t have to tell the truth. So, I don’t agree with the statement that telling truth is the most important consideration in maintaining a relationship. I would like to give some reasons to support my opinion.

First reason is that one should not hurt other’s feelings by telling a thing which may be either truth or lie. In many situations telling truth won’t hurt any one but in some situations telling lie is better. For example your life partner won’t like talking to a person in your office, but because of your work requirement in the office you may need to talk, this you don’t have to tell your life partner because it may hurt him/her.

Second reason is that whatever you say to any body; it should not disturb their relation ship to another. For example take a situation that you are a friend to two people and those two are not close enough. Then one may comment about other one before you. If you tell the truth to other friend it may damage their relation ship.

One more reason is that we can’t tell truth to our children always. In some cases if we tell truth to them they won’t listen to us because they are not able to understand us. For example, they constantly want to eat candies and this may cause tooth decay. This we can not explain to them instead we can tell them that they won’t taste good.

In summery, definitely truth is important to maintain true relation ship but unless other wise it leads to negative impact we don’t have to tell it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, and this is my try. Plz correct me, and give some feedback on what I should improve. Thanx a ton.

TOPIC: In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think it is a good idea?

It's a common thought that teenagers should only focus on studying. However, they can also learn many other good things outside schools. In my opion, the fact that teenagers work while they are still students is good and should be encouraged.

First of all, by working, teenagers can earn money by themselves. They can use their money to pay for school fees or help their parents. And they are also taught how to use the money efficiently instead of wasting it. The money they earn by working can also help them continue with their study in a college or an university. Working will, in general, set them free from the tension of fanicial problems.

Besides that, teenagers can be more independent and mature while having jobs. To get the money, they have to do their best, and be responsible for their work. I have a friend who is the only child. She doesn't need to do anything at home except studying well. When she gets a job, though she has to face some troubles, she still enjoys living on her own and buying her parents and friends gifts, for instance. She said she no longer felt herself a uselss person since she worked.

Moreover, working helps to train teenagers. They learn a lot from their jobs and other people working with them. Having job while studying is also a very good experience for their future study or career. They can learn how to solve the problems, how to manage time well, how to communicate with the public and so on. They are well-prepared in that they are offered chances to practise what they learn at school by working.

In brief, it is not always good if teenagers just concentrate on studying the textbooks. Having a job at the decently ealry age is worth giving a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Can u please rate my essay.

What do you want most in a friend — someone who is intelligent, or

someone who has a sense of humor, or someone who is reliable?

Which one of these characteristics is most important to you? Use

reasons and specific examples to explain your choice.

Each and every person in this world needs friends. Different people have different opinions in choosing a friend. Some selects a friend who is intelligent while some choose who has a sense of humor. As far as I am concerned I definitely think that a friend must be reliable person.

We share our opinions and ideas with friends. Sometimes we also share our family secrets with them. If a friend is not reliable then we can’t share our opinions and ideas with them and if by chance we revealed it to him then we have to worry that he might spread the contents of conversation to others. For example, if I revealed to him that I hate one of my classmates, then if my friend keeps it as a secret then it will be okay. On the other hand if he spreads that to others then think what happens. From then onwards I must be cautious when I am talking to him.

Additionally I think that a “Friend in need is a friend in deed”. If he needs help then we can help him only if he is a reliable person. For instance, if my friend needs about $1000 dollars then I can give him by thinking that he will lend me back my money, whenever he has it. But if in case he didn’t do that then I feel I was cheated by him and will not try to help him any more.

On the other hand if a friend is intelligent then we can take the help of him in our studies and if he has sense of humor, by hearing to his jokes we can relieve from our stress. But if a friend has both the qualities that is intelligence and sense of humor but not reliability then what’s the use of having a friend. We can’t trust him any more.

By considering the above reasons, I wish to say that a friend must be reliable person.

please correct my mistakes

Thanks in advance

sorry for the haitus, we were having a hectic time of late:)

Some people believe that university students should be required to attend classes. Others believe that going to classes should be optional for students. Which point of view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer.

Some people claim that university students should be required to attend classes. However, others think that attending classes should be optional for them. In my point of view, I am convinced that although university students is[are] older than high school students and should have more freedom, attending class should be a[made] compulsory job[omit] for them instead of a voluntary one[a bit redundant, omit] because they can benefit a lot from attending classes.[decent]

The biggest benefit students can get[gain] from attending class would be[is] that they will study more effectively, because they can[by] learning the key points from teachers easily, which they may find out through[otherwise require a] great effort on their own. In classes, teachers usually deliver the most important knowledge, which they summarize through their long-time working experience. Students are hardly to[will not be able to] obtain these knowledge[such important points] by themselves in a short time. Therefore, attending classes will save much time for them.

Another benefit is that students can learn knowledge more systematically by listening to teachers than by self-study. In university, there is a schedule for every subject. Classes are components of every schedule. When students finished all classes of a subject, they finish the study of it[the course]. This is the cycle[method] of teaching a subject. Following this procedure, students can learn step by step and will have solid foundation. Nevertheless, if they only learn by themselves and don’t go to class, they may feel quicker some time,[Even though learning by self might be faster in some cases, it is entirely possible that] but they may neglect something important and will not have a strong basis.

Finally, students can benefit from classmates if they attend classes. In current university[modern day] classes, there are a lot of discussions and presentations, through which classmates may deliver some useful knowledge[to others] as well as [learn things], which may spark their thoughts sometimes. If they do not go to class, they may lose such good opportunities to learn from others.

In a word, attending classes is necessary for university students. Students can benefit a lot through attending classes. They not only can [not only] learn more effectively and systematically, but also have the opportunities to learn from classmates in the classes.

you do have some good points, but there's a lot of scope for improvement on...

->sentence construction and grammar. Read other essays on the forum to get an idea on how paragraphs are formed

-> vocabulary. vary it. Avoid repeated usage of the same words

-> use of articles like "the", "a","an"

keep practicing!:)

1. People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, and increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reason and examples to support your answer.

People attend college or university for the career preparation. In my opinion there are people who attends the college because it is the only way for get a job, moreover nowadays there is a lot of competition as result of the complex search for a job.

People do not get a job easy because most of them do not a have a degree in anything. The degree implies to have knowledge about something you can work in. A lot of people declare they have experience ,obviously after thirty years working on a shop you will have experience but only for a shop not for a business company.

Ambitious people who want to pursue their goal find in their obstacles such as hard competition and very technical areas to work. One has to be very sure of himself, as soon as possible, about in which area of a specific work one wants to work in. So that one can learn at a specific college a specific degree such as business degree, art degree, computer degree etc...

People do not get jobs easier without having a degree because there are not many locations to work just with the experience skill. Sometimes, there are people who do not study just because they are lazy, so without wanting work is difficult too. Another problem is that all the people with no specific camps to develop in seek always same places to work.

I think a person who attends college learns especially in the area they want to work. People also can learn for get his own goals and how to develop them in a job. The people who went to the college are more prepare than this who did not attend it.

thank you very much

Could somebody rate my opus?

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement :

studying history and literature is more important for students than studying science and mathematics.

I strongly disagree with the statement that one field of study can be more important than another one. Our world is becoming more and more complicated: technologies develop rapidly, the amount of information increases quickly, and new forms of art ask more and more attention. Consequently, people should have the best educational level as possible.

The modern educational system provides an excellent opportunity to get knowledge in different fields. Usually, many students have a major and a minor in completely different fields of study. For example, one of my best friends, Bob, is a biologist, but he also studies flute as his minor. He told me once that he works better in his biology classes after the music lessons.

This example also illustrates the idea that science helps people develop their ability to think logically, whereas music, or any other art, maintains inner feelings, a sense of nature, and a positive attitude towards daily problems. My friend often tells me that he really started to see the beauty of nature only after he had played a sonata by Mozart.

On the other hand, the friend’s flute professor mentioned once, that Bob plays much better than, for instance, students from the English language department. The professor explained that Bob, as a scientist, has an excellent ability to think logically and better understand the structure of a musical piece. As we can see, biology helps Bob become a good musician.

In summary, we have to be well and widely educated in order to meet of the challenges in the modern world. The importance of every field of study is one of the main ideas for a well-educated person. There are no unimportant fields of study today.

• 3 weeks later...

Nowadays, we are going through a fast pace. There are a lot of things to

experience but not enough time to do all of them -as a result, you tend to rush

through one thing to do another. However, I believe that hurrying doesn't actually

save you time. Rather, as much as the time saved you miss valuable experiences

and opportunities.

First of all, When in a hurry, you are likely to make mistakes, which could end up

as a disaster. For example, after a tough day I overslept and was on the verge of

being late school. Trying to be on time, I just ran out of the house without

checking if I was leaving any textbooks or homework on my desk. Unfortunately, in

an art class I realized that I had left my assignment which were due that day; as a

result, I was punished more heavily than when I would have been if I was late.

From this experience I learnt that a stitch in time could save nine - in other

words, if you forget a stitch in a hurry, you would be repaid nine stitches.

Secondly, when you do things in a haste, you miss an opportunity to really

understand and enjoy what you are doing. Suppose your job is an English teacher.

If you just want to finish your lessons quickly, it will not only be time-wasting but

also boring and worthless. However, If you take a time teaching students and

understand what a lesson from you would mean to those students, you would at

least find yourself worth living, if not totally enjoying what you are doing.

Last but not least, a haste movement can hurt other's feelings. In an argument

between friends or family members, you often get angry and insult them without what you are really thinking; although you might have not meant it when you gave

an insult to them, you might find your friend or family members deeply hurt

because of your abusive words. Furthermore, a quick decision could put you in a

desperate situation - If you do not take considerable amount of time and effort

before making a decision in a risky circumstances such as investing a stock, you

are likely to lose what you had in a flick of light.

All in all, I think haste does make waste because not only are we likely to

make mistakes that might be too big to take back but also in a state of hurry, you

might neither find pleasure nor a worthiness in what you are doing.

Nowadays, we are going through a fast pace. There are a lot of things to

experience but not enough time to do all of them -as a result, you tend to rush through one thing to do another. However, I believe that hurrying doesn't actually save you time. Rather, as much as the time saved you miss valuable experiences and opportunities.

First of all, When in a hurry, you are likely to make mistakes, which could end up as a disaster. For example, after a tough day I overslept and was on the verge of being late school. Trying to be on time, I just ran out of the house without checking if I was leaving any textbooks or homework on my desk.Unfortunately, in an art class I realized that I had left my assignment which were due that day; as a result, I was punished more heavily than when I would have been if I was late. From this experience I learnt that a stitch in time could save nine - in other words, if you forget a stitch in a hurry, you would be repaid nine stitches.

Secondly, when you do things in a haste, you miss an opportunity to really understand and enjoy what you are doing. Suppose your job is an English teacher. If you just want to finish your lessons quickly, it will not only be time-wasting but also boring and worthless. However, If you take a time teaching students and understand what a lesson from you would mean to those students, you would at least find yourself worth living, if not totally enjoying what you are doing.

Last but not least, a haste movement can hurt other's feelings. In an argument between friends or family members, you often get angry and insult them without what you are really thinking; although you might have not meant it when you gave an insult to them, you might find your friend or family members deeply hurt because of your abusive words. Furthermore, a quick decision could put you in a desperate situation - If you do not take considerable amount of time and effort before making a decision in a risky circumstances such as investing a stock, you are likely to lose what you had in a flick of light.

All in all, I think haste does make waste because not only are we likely to make mistakes that might be too big to take back but also in a state of hurry, you might neither find pleasure nor a worthiness in what you are doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Please rate and comment my essay

With so much of technology advancements and the human resource capital changing ,in my opinion employers should not keep people for life time specially in the professional world . Younger generation come equipped with new technology, and productive way of doing things and lots of energy. Employer now days are under high competition from there likes, so they have to come up with new and productive, profitable strategies to win the market. One of the factor to this success is the human resource, a professional and effective employees can make difference in the company’s productivity. For example, ten years back computer skill like Microsoft office was not a requirement in most of the companies but now days it’s very essential to know this software to even be considered for employment, so the new technology has changed the parameter for being successful , if companies are holding there old employee they must make sure they spend money and time to bring them up to the level of the new young generation level, so usually companies tend to hire new people in order to get the advantage of the technology oriented work force.

Also, if employees work for a longer time for the same company, they limit the growth of the company. In other word ,it will depend on only this set of people on how the company does, if the employee are good and productive, company would be productive for as long as they are employed, the same is the opposite , if employee are not productive they could even make the company to be out of business, so companies should able to hire new force continuously and let go the old once as they market changes. The corporate world has make employer employee relationship very different from the past years.

Finally, young and new employees are willing to spend more time and are ready to learn follow rules and policy, if company hire a person for a life time, then the employee at time point may not meet the demand from the company in giving his or her time, adapting to new management system or changes in work flow, this could damage the company , so the point is to be in a business where you can be a hired for a life time

Like you own business or to start you own company so you don’t get fired or out dated.

All things considered , in the current consumer oriented market , I would not suggest to keep a person for a life time for main reason that technology changes, demand and supply for good and service changes and companies need efficient and productive skillful labor force who is willing to go any mile to make the company successful.