Urch Forums

50 TSE, my advice

sakilasikandar

Hello everybady

I gave my tse in last nov, and got 45 . I studied 2 weeks for that time .I requested for rescoring and they told me that my score has been changed. Then I again try for tse this jan and this time I studied for 3 days . I just got the result and it is 50. So, I m writing this mail to help others because I think my score is due to some helpful mails from others in this forum.

this is a very simple test , believe me . just do not panic and open your mouth .check the mails from this forum which has questions-answers and question format . During the test day , before the test ,check this forum , u will probably find the questions here. prepare those . in the real test u might find some differences between the real one and the one which was posted . it is ok, people can not remember every details . Do not change that much , talk cleary with good pronounciation . As we r from nonEnglish spoken country , our accent will never be like real english speaker . It is ok . try to talk clearly . Thats all .

if anybody need any help mail me.

Hi sakilasikandar,

congrats.i have a quick question to ask.r u sure that u got the jan 14th result?The mailing date for the jan result is supposed to be 15th of feb.Thank u.

Hey,

It's me again.c'ld u pl...tell us if knowing the questions is really worth it?ur reply is highly appreciated.Thank u once again.

Regards,

hudson

Hello everybady

I gave my tse in last nov, and got 45 . I studied 2 weeks for that time .I requested for rescoring and they told me that my score has been changed. Then I again try for tse this jan and this time I studied for 3 days . I just got the result and it is 50.

Congratulations!

Did you get a 50 from rescoring November TSE or from an original score of January TSE? Please check the test date on your score report. It is a pleasant surprise if ETS reported score one or two weeks ahead of an original schedule. Where are you located in? Which city and state?Thank you. Good job.[clap]

Knok

u were right . I checked the result again. It was the rescoring result . I m so happy . Because I was so dissappointed after that test . And I believe I did better in my jan test .

you guys are great . I checked most of yours, Elsie and some others mail . they were very useful . By the way,I live in Canada.

Hello everybody

I will try to post some useful things(which I found useful).Actually they were from the old mails in the forum. I just organised them .

will try my best to help u geys .

1) question Template http://www.www.urch.com/forums/tse/33675-all-17th-sept-let-us-do-template-tse-answers-here.html?highlight=elsie . prepare a format for the every answer . you want to pass, so do not try some thing nicer just try something which will be easier for you.

2) picture questions . 1 min prepare toime , 1 minute to explain . if u have dean papa jone's "toward speaking excellence" . then please practise those pictures . every time record your voice . start with "it was a nice summer/sunny day / it was a rainy day " this will help you to relax and will give u some extra seconds to think. tell the story in past tense . Remember some names , like mr.smith , Mr. Robertson , Mrs. Robertson , Sara , John etc.. use these names .if u think u can talk more about one picture and may be less for otherone, than do that , but atleast touch every picture atleast by a single line .

2)Advantage/disadvantage http://www.www.urch.com/forums/attachments/tse/446-tse-questions-answers-pls-come-tse-questions-advantage-disadvantage.doc?d=1105217511

Here r some answers. read them aloud twice . tape your voice . then listen , try to talk slowly becase in real test u will talk faster ( u can't help it) then just try to answer those questions yourself . u do not need to make answers yourself for evey question . Even try the answer in the attachment .it will give u some idea hw to answer . if u r done before 1 minute do not panic . I completed 2 answers before time , but try to talk for atleast 55 seconds.

3)opinion question

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/attachments/tse/444-tse-questions-answers-pls-come-tse-opinion-questions.doc?d=1105217511 try to start with the question. like the 3rd question here , start like "many people believe that ........................... an educated professionls" I agree /disagree with this statement . after that just say one advangage and one dis. and finish like this "thats why I believe that getting degree on the internate without attending university or college will not be ..........educated professionls"

4)for graph

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/attachments/tse/360-graphs-practice-graphs-practice.doc?d=1103227423 here is an attachment .

Don't try someting critical . Just make it simple . Like line graph 2 " it is a line graph which shows the unployment rate in western us in 1992--2002 . the horizontal axis shows year from 1992 to 2004 . Vertical axis shows % of unemplyed people from 0 to 100 .. the graph shows that in 1992 the 60% people were unemplyed . Which than gradually decresed and in 1998 it was 30% . then it started to rise and in 2002 again it became 60 % . So from this graph we understand that in1992 and in 2002 unemployment rate were same 60 % and it was lowest in 1998 , than it was 30% ."

If u think , it is also hard than just tell what was the rate in every year .

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/attachments/tse/443-tse-questions-answers-pls-come-tse-graph-question.doc?d=1105217511 . If you hear the last beep(means your time is over) do not panic , complete your answer.

5) work place http://www.www.urch.com/forums/attachments/tse/445-tse-questions-answers-pls-come-tse-work-place.doc?d=1105217511

Start with loud vioce .Like "Hey John, Congratulation / good morning etc" say that louder than rest of the speech . Believe me u will feel relax.

5)problem

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/attachments/tse/447-tse-questions-answers-pls-come-tse-problem.doc?d=1105217511

Some answers -

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/tse/14911-tse-sept-18-scored-55-a.html?highlight=k

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/tse/41846-please-answers-2nd-set-paper-kollur-murthy-who-ever-can-help-me.html?highlight=answers

check last 2 months post in forum . u will find other answers too .

read all aloud . record your answer .then give someone to listen ( I gave to my husband ) . it will help .

test day , wake up early . u will see questions posted here . Prepare those . u will see some differences between the real and that question , do not panic . change slight .just do not hesitate during your answer .Do not say a- a or um this kind of word .

Believe me , My english is also not good . We will find many grammer mistakes in my mail(if you try to find). that does not matter . Its not about that . Try to use the right grammer but try to speak loud and clear and slower , these r more important than the grammer.

Yahoo! Mail

Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.

DeleteReplyForwardMove...

Previous | Next | Back to Messages Save Message Text | Full Headers

Check MailCompose var url1 = "http://us.f327.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Search?Find=1&B=1&_p=bottom";

do u all see the word"rating" which has an underline , at the top of the tse forum? 'click" your mouse on that , u will find the questions and answers .

Edited by Erin

Hi sakilasikander and Everybody,

Thank you all for getting all the important links together so that i and those who're going through the tse in the future might find them useful.

I have my tse on feb 18th and it's my 3rd time,so i and i think everybody here needs some help. We need answers for the graphs especially those pie graphs as i got them in my 2 previous tse tests and couldn't tell one word about them, so could you please anyone here help us?

Thank You

Knok

u were right . I checked the result again. It was the rescoring result . I m so happy . Because I was so dissappointed after that test . And I believe I did better in my jan test .

you guys are great . I checked most of yours, Elsie and some others mail . they were very useful . By the way,I live in Canada.

Thank you for your message. :tup: Let us know what the result of January is. Good luck. Are you a pharmacist?

Knok

Hey guys! I am VEERY HAAPY to tell you that finally, I was able to passed that hurdle. I received my magic 50 through rescoring! Thank got I was able to get out of this maze. I would like to thank most of all here... well I cant remember anymore who they are. Those who continue to inspire everybody, please do.

Well I had few tries, and almost gave up... but I am a figther... I've learned to stand up and face my battle. I think everything is possible if one has dedication to achieve their goal. I was hopeless that time but I knew I gave all my best to capture that damn 50! and I was rigth.

After all this storm, I still dont like this exam because the exam itself lacks the capacity to objectively rate our speech sample. The worst is, this becomes business and they should have parameters to regulate this. We deserve what is rigth for the common good. Not everyone has $125 in their pocket...specially the third world country. This is very unfortunate...

I would like to thank Knok for standing by to all these test takers. I may not know you but we share common understanding for everybody. I hope that these thing will clean up soon.

For the beginners and for those struggling... dont lose your stamina have faith. Prayers will always be your knigth shining armor. Please continue your figth... you can all make it.

For my tips...I think everything has been said and shared. Just be your self...get real...practice at all times...learn how to role play...use simple words...if you feel like standing and show some gestures please do. Dont mumble...open your mouth but do not shout...record your answer and do some corrections...lastly be relax and say a little prayer to start.

I know some of you are really good in english but still fails...well that's part of the game. Being smart is all what it takes. Sometimes you need to be creative and find what tickles them.

Have faith...work hard...and when your done... leave it to him... the one up there:)

needs tse score,i m new to this forum,my tse is march10th,can anybody tell me how to find questions on the test date ,pls help me,

actually my test time is 12.30 pm aftrnoon in usa,is it possible to collect test questions from forum by that time,

pls reply me

manu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
good job. the feb exam was my 4th attempt. the 1st exam which i took last may 05, i got a 45. i wasnt really prepared and dont have any idea about the exam. i took it again sept and dec, same score. i attended this class and got some very helpful tips from this forum on the day of the exam itself. i got the same questions (exact question). so i was really confident. i spoke clearly and slowly. i finished within the required time, but i got a lower score. 40! im really frustrated. i had it rescored immediately. actually i had my dec exam rescored too but still waiting for it. a friend who took if 9x and had her last exam rescored and she got a 50. finally!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HELLO EVEYONE

My TSE test is in 2 days. I am i Toronto,Canada

Like many students Iam really afraid of the test

IF I fail, all my career will be delay one year.

I am studyingn and also praying.

My best wishes for everyone

and GOOD LUCK!!

congratulations!! you did it!!

• 2 years later...