Urch Forums

Admitted to Stanford

Ankurkapoor

A lot of departments at Stanford advises students that if you don't have funding (and you're not offered any), it's best not to attend because it's unlikely that you will eventually find funding once you reach the campus. A lot of people generally like to say yes (especially since it's Stanford) and then source funding later. They live to regret it, hence prompting several Stanford departments to issue a warning that if you're not financially viable, then don't attend.

To the best of the my knowledge, Stan has the largest intake of students : It has offered admits to three people in Mechanical, IIT-Delhi including one fellowship and probably thats the reason its so difficult to find funding even after one lands up there.

that must really hurt if that's true. I mean getting into a dream school and then not being able to attend just because of money issues. I don't know what could be more frustrating.

anyhow, Ankur, I keep my fingers crossed for you, you're certainly capable of figuring out how to proceed.