Urch Forums

SAT II results

knok

Hi everyone,

My son got the SAT II scores for Math I and Physics. As I told you before, he had a swimming championship on the same day of the SAT. Oh my! He traveled to Springfield by bus with the team which is about 240 miles from my city and practiced swimming until 9 p.m.the night before. Then, the coach called the team for the meeting until almost 11 p.m. the night before. The test would be started at 8 a.m. the next morning.

He set the team members to sleep with 3 other team members. I told my son to request the coach to sleep in my room instead because I was not sure what time they would go to bed if four people were sleeping in the same room. That would be a lot of fun if he had no exam. I drove by myself to Springfield in order that I could accompany him to the test center in the morning in time.

These are his scores.

Math I = 750 = 97 percentiles,

Physics = 580 = 27 percentiles.

I know that his Physics score is kind of ugly. He said he did not know anything for many topics even though right now he is taking Physics II (IB or AP, not sure) . All of his Physics grades in school are A.

I know that he did not have enough time to prepare for Physics.

The university he applied asked him to send the score to. Actually, he requested the college board to send the scores by regular service since before the exams.

In this case, should he ask the college board to send by using rushing score report service? When I checked on the SAT II schedule, the score was available on Feb 13 and score mailed was on Feb 24. When it says, "Score mailed = Feb 24. Does it mean, the score arrives on Feb 24 or is sent on Feb 24?"

The university says, the score should be received by Feb 24. Should he ask the college board to send the rushing score report?

With this score range, should he just forget about this university? I feel that his Physics score is not good. His ACT score is 28. He took the ACT on Feb 11 as well and has not known a new score yet.

Thank you for any response.

Knok;)

• 4 months later...