Urch Forums

SAT II Literature

Jamila

I will be taking the SAT II US History in May. I also signed up for the SAT II chemistry and SAT II Literature in June. :doh:I'm getting worried now for the Literature test because I have not taken a literature class yet. I'm currently in AP English lang and will be taking AP lit in senior year. Do you think I should just try and take the SAT II lit?? Or should I just not take it? Is it possible to just not take it? Do i have to contact collegboard if i don't take it? I don't know what to do, please help.

Edit:

will it look bad if i signed up for it and not take it?

• 2 weeks later...

Jamila, it's really impossible to say how you'll do on the test with this information. You might do really well, even if you haven't taken any literature classes per se; actually, your English class is supposed to be enough for this test.

Why don't you take the practice test in the official SAT subject test book? If you like, we can administer one for you at one of our offices. Just let me know. (You know how to reach me. :) )

If you don't take the test, nothing happens really happens. You just won't get your money back. It's not like it's going to show up on your transcripts that you chickened out. I mean, people get sick or get stuck in traffic, right? That can't be held against them.