Urch Forums

1410 : Q-800, V-610

MS

[bounce][bounce][bounce]HEY ITS OVER[bounce][bounce][bounce]

Yeah am quite happy with my score!

THANKS A LOT ERIN for such a wonderful site and fellow TMians for the great help and practice!

I got Quant-Verbal-Quant.

First quant was a bit tougher than the second one. And definitely quant is more time consuming than what it seems in PP.

I used to finish up in 35 min while practicing from PP but at the test(might be due to tension[:(!]) after about 15-18 questions i was afraid i won't be able to complete the test.

While solving ,at every question i felt i was wrong and maybe i'll mess up my score. [:o)] Thank God i didn't!

Verbal was good! Not too tough, words from barrons,Guru but yeah the choices were little confusing. Have to be very careful while picking up the answer choice.

First RC was veryyyyy long....i think i spent quite a good amount of time on that and still wasn't confident of what i was answering. Same, after that RC i thought i will get short of time...but that didn't happen...Antonyms and analogies were good and quick...Sentence completion was little tough...(for me!!).

AWA was okay! I took 10 mins break and tried to forget what i did in the issue and argument task...!! Maybe i did just fine, can't say..depends how convincing it looks to the people who will evaluate.

Overall, its quite tiring. Sitting for four continuous hours...especially in the morning (am not a morning person...).

Now,I have to start working for TOEFL and ofcourse SOPs and recommendation letters.

Again, Thanks a lot Tmians and All the best to those who have yet to appear!

Hey MS!!! [bounce]

[/size]

[banana] CONGRATULATIONS [banana]

[/size]

Awesome score... You must be pretty happy right? I know... it is extremely tiring. I got out of there wiped out!!

Once again... congrats and make sure you can ace the TOEFL! :)

Wood

Congrats MS! Amazing score which i find least surprising cause i've seen your posts and you seemed to have a good grasp on words e.g cosset, table etc. Also you had a reponse time of less than a few minutes on some posts. I remember cause once i saw a question that was just posted a few seconds ago and i thought to myself 'i'll be the fist one to answer this question' but lo and behold there is a response from MS 'Is it---()?'. Wood also got Quant-Verbal-Quant, i see a pattern emerging! Both you guys did pretty good by setting such high scores for us to compete with. I hope to do as well as you guys.

Hey MS,

Very nice scores... I intially got confused between you and "wood." You are the one did the problems from the Big Book right? If i'm correct, you helped me with couple of problems. Anyway, how was the big book? Did it help? I mean, more specifically, how would you rate the Big Book from 1 thourgh 10? I'm solving the problems in the Big Book. Most of the questions haven;t given me problems, but quite a few have. At any rate, good luck with everything!!

Vinay

Thanks Vinay!

I must thank u for encouraging me to get Big Book and not rely on ddd.net.

It helped me a lot!

toshibauser011

Yeah Big Book did help me....I did lots of practice for Data Interpretation from that...and ofcourse Verbal.

Infact I did the Verbal from Big Book twice.

But TMians helped me a lot.

I used to post all confusions here and got the convincing answer by NOT ONE but many TMians.

MS!! That's such an incredible score!!! :D:cool::p

I'm taking the GRE in a few days. I would like to know how did you manage your time in the Quant. section?

Did you finish on time? before time? Did you have to guess the last questions?

How much time did you spend in the first questions? (I've read those are the most important ones).

In short, how did you manage your 45 minutes solving the 28 questions? ;)

Thank you :)

Sorry for the delay in replying...was on vacation!

VzlaGirl

Frankly,time management was never a problem for me while doing powerprep..I used to finish 10-12 mins before the time in several Big book and Kaplan paper tests...

BUT The real test requires time management....and some tactics...

I remembered the mantra that YOU HAVE TO BE EXTRA CAREFUL WHILE DOING FIRST 15 QUESTIONS...I did the same but keeping in mind that I don't spend unnecessarily extra time on these.....I completed my test on time...I did not guess for any question....I was left with 2.5 mins for my last question and I substituted several values for the variable to check that I have ticked the right choice...just to utilize my spare time.

BUT ONCE ;) after about 17-18 question I felt I won't be able to complete the test.

Don't worry u'll be able to manage that!

ALL THE BEST!!!!

Psyoutlaw

Some questions were quite similar to the pattern in powerprep.....not exactly the same ofcourse....

ALL THE BEST!!!!

MS,

Go here: http://grediagnostic.ets.org:443/basic/

and you can view how you did on your exam such as the questions that you missed and the degree of difficulty. This service is good for 6 months after you test. Please let us know how did you do on your first 10 questions? Did you experience any test anxiety? If so, how did you cope with it?

Psyoutlaw

I already checked this link....they say it is accessible only after we get our scores by mail. It will take around 2 weeks.

I will surely post how i did in first 10 questions.

About the test anxiety, I did face that...the day before the test I did 1-2 powerprep test and revised some difficult words i had sorted out earlier.

On the test day i was very nervous because i am not a morning person and i was afraid i won't be as alert as i should be....but the tension did not let me drowse....i was pretty much alert and attentive....

As I told earlier, after AWA i took 10 mins break and just tried to forget that i ever did something in the past one and a half hour....

I would say take all ur breaks ,try to remain calm and cool....and before clicking CONFIRM just look at ur choice again....

BEST OF LUCK FOR TOMORROW!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked my performance on ETS site.

These are the ones I did wrong in verbal section.

3(RC) 4(RC) 11(RC) 13(RC) 16(Analogy) 20(RC) 21(RC) 22(SC).

From this I understand that I was not well prepared with RC part.:drunk:

HTH.