Urch Forums

No more textese, please!

Erin

Erin, I agree with you and all the people who are sick and tired of reading pseudo-English. If you ask me, there are two reasons for people to write like that. The first reason is that they haven't learned how to write correctly yet. The advice for them is: LEARN HOW TO WRITE AND THEN POST IN A FORUM FULL OF EDUCATED PEOPLE! The second reason is that they are simply used to writing that way - SMS, chat, even e-mail are being used by them in such a way that we could say the information is "semi-coded". Maybe they do it because of economy (an SMS is only 160 characters long) and then transfer the habit here, in the forums. Or maybe they're just lazy enough not to be able to write "you" instead of "u"! Can you imagine that? :mad: The advice for that type of people would be: YOU HAVE ENOUGH SPACE TO WRITE, MAKE ENOUGH EFFORT AS WELL TO WRITE CORRECTLY OR DON'T WRITE AT ALL!

That's what I can say about this. Let's hope something changes. BUT IF IT DOESN'T, YOU (Erin and the moderators) HAVE MY APPROVAL TO START USING ALL TYPES OF SANCTIONS SUCH AS WARNINGS, BANS OR EVEN EXPULSION FROM THE FORUMS! AND, OF COURSE, DON'T HESITATE TO DELETE EVERY BAD POST YOU ENCOUNTER.

Long live correct English!

Thanks Erin for your action.

However, many people in the pharmacy forum still keep posting sloppy English such as using "i", "U", "ur". Is it possible that posts from some of members who are continuing using sloppy English will be moderated and notified in person by sending a private message to them?

I skipped reading the posts from these people and am thinking to send report to moderators. I think that people keep doing the same since the majority of people in the forum are doing and are not willing to change.

I am sure that if pharmacists who came to work in America and continue to write sloppy English to their co-workers and their bosses, they will be absolutely insulted by their employers and co-workers. They should develop good disciplines and learn how to respect others on writing good and correct English.

I think that they should not post if their posts ruin the forum rather than help others.

I am suspicious that the teachers of these people have ever taught them how to write in English properly.

Here is a good example from Michael. Thank you very much.

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/toefl-grammar/67374-i-wanna-develop-error-free-english.html

Thank you again for your effort.

Best Regards,

Knok