Urch Forums

Additional score reports - changed percentile

tavi

Hi everyone,

just completed a form for additional score reports, and there is a note "Since the interpretive data is composed of recent test takers, the percentile ranking of an individual's score may have changed between the time they took the test and the present".

I took the test in April, scored pretty average, but still a nice percentile. Since the October test already took place, does that mean my percentile is changed? If it's a drop, I don't want it reported and that means everything was useless..

Does it also mean that good scores must be reported quickly, just in case?

Hi Tavi,

From what I've seen, young adults are getting dumber every minute.

Do you like those odds?

No seriously, your percentile couldn't have changed very much, and that's assuming that October's results have been factored in. (Unlikely, since I've been calling in twice a day for the last week or so and my scores aren't available yet...:rolleyes:) If you look in the practice booklet online, you'll see that the percentiles for that test were computed over four years. Odds are that April was not the first test date for your booklet, so the percentiles have probably evened off already. The subscores might change a little, if your subject test had subscores.

In any case, pay $12 and hear your score by phone - for some online apps, you'll need to type in the percentile as well as the score, so you should make sure it matches the one that will be on their report :D Then send right after.