Urch Forums

2008 NBCOT exam

mdn61999

Took mine on 2/9/08, and I passed it. I am just waiting for my registration to be completed. Anyone interested in my test materials, please let me know since I don't need it anymore. I have two books that helped me passed, and it took me 2 weeks to study for it ( 6-8 hours a day of studying). If you want my materials or have questions regarding studying strategies, let me know.

M. N.

OTD, OTR/L ( as soon as I receive my registration :rolleyes:)

I use the Sladyk AND the Johnson book and both of them almost guarantee that you'll pass the test (I mean this literally, the Johnson book actually said guarantee to pass)... I studied using these two books. I started with the Sladyk book, and went through EVERY question, write all the choices down, then corresponding content. I didn't really use this book as a prep test, I used it as an outline. (Yes, the whole book).

I still have these two books, let me know if you want them...

HI mdn61999

well congratulations for your success! best of luck for your future. U have done a good job.

My question is you have mentioned that U did study only for 2 weeks!!! U think is it enough?? Next question is did you read only Johnson and Sladyk?? what about Rita Cottrell?? As far as I know Sladyk is good for nothing because it covers mostly medical part.

Kindly tell me some strategies which u used to study for your exam. I am taking my exam on 1st of march.

Cheers

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure what type of study techniques are right for you. But, I am used to cram and spit. Sladyk covers most of the medical part, but I know that my weakness in taking standardized test is knowing what they want. I use Sladyk to review and Johnson to understand what type of answers NBCOT wants. I don't recommend 2 weeks for anyone else, but I was able to pull it off. To me, it's all about how you study for it. Let me know how you plan to study for it, and I'll see if I can help.

thanks for responding. yes, knowing where to start is the key. i wish i had someone i could meet regularly to study with so we can quiz each other and discuss some of the thing i am studying. Sometime you may have a particular question and by talking about it you get a better understanding and you understand more.

• 2 weeks later...
Just coming back from the AOTA conference in Long Beach, CA, without a doubt, people told me to buy the NBCOTexam.com study guide. It's cheap and has a lot of info, plus the practice questions are supposed to be really good. I got a $2.00 off code that didn't work but supposedly there is one out there that get's you $2.00 off. Ask around the OT forums but if not, it's only $24.95 which is so much cheaper than anything else out there. I hope that helps...

I found most of all the practice questions that are available via books, online tests or the NBCOTexam.com site are all pretty much the same but they are very similar to what you will see or should know on the test. Plus the 24.95 is much cheaper than the two other ones you can purchase online. Trust me, I wasted too much money :mad: on the others that I won't name but you can do a search for them.

Good Luck Guys!