Urch Forums

IE MBA vs HEC MBA

roc_vayu

Sounds cliche but it depends on where you want to work.

In term of reputation I think that both are similar.

I have friends from France who told me that graduating from HEC will open so many doors in France (it's the best business school and also a Grande Ecole). Obviously the graduates from Grande Ecole will be praised more than MBA's but it's a good choice if you want to work in France.

• 3 weeks later...
Sounds cliche but it depends on where you want to work.

In term of reputation I think that both are similar.

I have friends from France who told me that graduating from HEC will open so many doors in France (it's the best business school and also a Grande Ecole). Obviously the graduates from Grande Ecole will be praised more than MBA's but it's a good choice if you want to work in France.

Hello, I'm French and I graduated from a Grande Ecole (Ecole Centrale).

If you need more info on HEC, let me know.

But you're right in France HEC has a very good reputation. This is probably not as good as a top American B-School, but it's clearly a good school.

• 6 months later...

ve_boss,

Could you please explain better why companies would prefer alumni from Grande Ecole rather than MBAs from HEC?

When I attended the HEC MBA presentation, they very much touted on the fact that HEC MBAs have access to the Grande Ecole backbone, and that leads to excellent employment opportunities in France, or in London, for example.

Your input and experience are much appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 years later...

Both HEC and IE are very good schools and have a good reputation in Europe as well as globally.

HEC is a very proactive school and this can be seen in their Strategy of expanding into key markets like India. They just established a double degree program with IIM-Ahemdabad as part of this, read here. In this article that we recently came across, Paul Ricard from HEC shares his experience of studying in India.

If you are looking to connect with current and recently graduated students at HEC, then visit BusinessBecause and check out the HEC Profile Page which has a number of articles, stories on the Program as well as ways to connect with current students.

IE is certainly a very good school and has an excellent global reputation.

Its actually a place where you can learn a lot as well as enjoy the company of your classmates through various kinds of bonding and interactive events as illustrated in this article.

It is always very helpful to seek insights from current students and recent graduates about why they chose their Business School and get an idea of their experience. You can do that very easily by visting the profile page of the IE MBA Program which has a number of articles, stories on the Program as well as ways to connect with current students.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm strongly considering to do an MBA in Spain, France or the UK.

At first glance I'd prefer Spain, though I don't rule out any possibility.

Regarding the schools in Spain, which one do you think it's better among the three big ones? I always thought IESE, IE were better regarded than ESADE, but in this thread of Spaniards the one leading is ESADE :whistle:

Anyway, for a career in consulting, how is HEC? do you need to speak French a bit?

Thanks!

• 3 years later...

Go to thembavoice.com it's a new site but apparently two MBA alumni have founded it and they have a forum, Haven't tried it yet but you might get some answers there.

Dear All,

I recieved admit calls from Instituto de Empresa(IE) Business school and HEC Paris.

Need your expert advice on which school should I opt for.

Please do share your reasons too..

Thanks in advance.

~Roc