Urch Forums

Help me build a study guide for the NBCOT exam.

Metalx1000

I'm a programmer working a on a program called "OpenQuizer"

It is a FREE and Open Source program to help people study for different exams.

I'm almost done with the program but now I need a database of question.

For those of you studying for or that have taken the NBCOT exam please help by submitting a question or two.

If every one takes a few minutes and submits a few question we should have plenty in no time.

Once I'm done with the program I will post a link to download it for free.

When you go to submit a question you can see other questions people have submitted right away to help you with your studying now even though the software is not done.

Click here to submit a question and view submitted questions

NBCOT - Exam

Thank you so much for your help.

If you have any question please post them here.

OpenQuizer will run on Windows, Mac, and Linux

• 2 months later...

I've only gotten a few Questions submitted. And I was confused to find that quite a few people have submitted no question but have submitted and answer of "D".

This confused me at first, then I realized that people where trying to answer the Example Question. The link above is to submit question.

If you are confused maybe this link will help

OpenQuizer

There is a video that explains everything.

• 7 months later...

Well, I've had this post up for a while and the only responses I got where blank question.

So, I changed the form so that you have to enter a question and an answer and now I'm getting gibberish for for questions.:mad:

I started this project to help out people with tests they may be taking. The NBCOT seemed like a common test with a large community of people studying for it. I'm just a programmer, I don't know anything about the NBCOT. I thought that maybe people would help, as they studied for the test, by submitting question.

Please help by submitting question. I'm sure that you have some questions that you can share with other. If not, please don't submit anything. It's a little rude when I'm trying to create a database to help you and you put garbage in for me to sort through.

• 2 months later...

Well, I've had my post up for about a year now.

I got about 5 real questions from people

and about 30 gibberish question that didn't make any sense.

I went and found about 15 questions myself to get the topic going.

And I now have an online version of OpenQuizer with the 20 questions:

http://filmsbykris.com/software/quizer/quizes/nbcot/

I hope that the easy of just clicking the link above helps people add question to the database. If you're studying for the NBCOT you must have at lest a few questions to give. If you all help out by taking two minutes to submit a question we could have a great resource for people to study from.

The online version does not have the features the the python vision and is still in beta testing, but it works.

• 9 months later...