Urch Forums

UNACCEPTABLE testing conditions!!

lsttoefl

Hello everyone,

I have taken the TOEFL iBT test in Athens, Greece on the 11th of June. I want to ask you whether it is possible to get a refund, or retake the test for free for the following reasons:

The testing conditions where awfully horrible.

1)We were 20 people in a VERY small room. WE were seated at 2 two tables, 10 at each one. To give you the picture at every table we were 5 from one side and 5 from the other side, so I had eye contact (I could also see the notes!!) with 5 people across the table!!!!:mad:

2) The space that each one had was very limited and when I wrote the essays I had to rest my hands ON the keyboards. Additionally, the mouse was on another table next to me and I had to stretch my arm to use it!

3) The supervisor was talking out loud to the administrator and to students who had problems (maybe because he couldn't go close enough).

4)The floor wasn't carpeted and consequently anyone who got up from his seat produced noise.

5) Mouses banging the tables got me crazy, since no mousepads were used.

OUTCOME: I was distracted many many times during ALL the sections of the test (not only during the speaking which is a common problem)

Can I do something about it? I don't know if I 'll take a high score but there is not doubt that because of the conditions, I didn't do my best.

Any suggestion would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

• 4 weeks later...