Urch Forums

Intern assignment--- Florida state

ngumd

Hi All,

Does anybody know about the core assignment #5 for foreign graduate intern in Florida state?

Please reply and guide me what to do.

I have completed for 2080 hours of internship in Florida. My preceptor and I submitted a document (paycheck slips) to prove my hours.

I also complete all the assignments that were required by the state. However, Recently I received a letter from the state board, which rejects the assignment #5.

They also returned all the document of 2080 hours, which means they have not filed any documents for me yet.

It was a hard work for almost a year to complete. I do not want to lose my hours. Please help me.

Thank you

You have to follow the instructions of Foreign Graduate Work Activity Manual,on page 24 (See samples form5),which are ten new or recently stocked medications(you can pick any)Just complete all parts of the shift provided for each drug and sign it.But I would rather call them before sending again, to make sure all other requirements are met.

How long did it take for you to get your papers back from the Board of Pharmacy?

Dear Lionea,

Thank you so much for the replay!!!

Here is the reason for the rejection and my question.

Even though the sample form 5 on page 24 are not required to send back to the board, the manager and I decided to send them. It was hand written because I used the sample form on the page 24 and just filled out.

The board returned them to me saying, every assignment has to be typed two pages and double spaced.

I called back to the board, she said I had to type out. The lady was very firm and strict. I was not sure what she wanted. She replyed that I had to talk to my procepter to decide what the paper would be like.... My preceptor was also confused and he said I should type out as close to as I filled the form on page 24.

I started to type for the ten drugs again. but Double spaced, it's going to be like 20 pages....It won't fit in two pages....it is impossible. Am I on the right truck?

They returned it about two weeks later than we originally sent them in....

Please reply and give me the advice on it.

Thank you,

Hi,

I am doing my internship in Florida state. I completed almost 1600 hr. I send my assignment after 500 hr and after 4 week I got approval letter from board that my assignment is fine. I saw 10 new drug to my preceptor and she signed assignment but I didnot send 10 new drug to Florida board. I send only one page of assignment -5 that 's show preceptor's signature.

But I have a question for you. For 2080 hrs, do we need to send paycheck for proof of hr?

Thanks.

bye

Hi

I have a question about that.

When they sent me a letter saying assignment #5 is incomplete.

I immidiately sent the preceptor assignment evaluation (form2 on page 12) with my preceptor's signiture and comments.

Then they send the form back with another letter, which is saying " the Foreign graduate's report for each assigment must be two(2) pages, double-spaced and typed using font size 10 or 12. These assignment will help to develop wrttien professional communication skills----" and this part was highlited with a yellow marker.

Basically I got two letters and I was totally confused.

The one you had sent was the form2 the preceptor assignment evaluation on page 12?

By the way I do not think you need to send a proof. I think you only need your preceptors sign. (my preceptor was very careful/nervous, that's all)

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I submitted my assignments within 10 days of completing 500 hrs of internship-as required by the FL board. I have received an acknowledgement of receipt of the assignments, but don't know if the board rejects the assignments. My preceptor was proud of my work in creating the assignments, but you never know how the board will react.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Does other states have assignments to be sent to the board?

• 2 years later...

hello,

I found This threat from 2008, and I'm in a similar situation and hope someone can help me.

I'm doing my internship in Florida and about to send my 500h assignments, what proof should we send to show the hours? do we need to send pay stubs?

Also, In assignment#5 about 10 drugs, how did you manage to write about 10 drugs in 2 double spaced pages??

Thanks

Hi, F-pharma2008

regarding assignment 5.. you DON'T need to write anything rather than just 10 names of the drugs that you and your preceptor studied and examined you about. so it will not take more than one page...the Fl board doesn't want to learn about the 10 drugs or to know what you really know about them, however, the preceptor MUST sign and date the form for assign 5 and evaluate you. and JUST send core assignment 5 form with the page of 10 drugs of drugs that you used (of course with the other assignments). you just can type something like that

Assignment 5 (write the name of the assignment exactly as the form)

The preceptor and the foreign graduate choosed 10 drugs, these 10 drugs were studied during 12 weeks, and the foreign graduate has examined in them by (oral/written) exam. and whole task has been completed as assigned.

these drugs are:

1-

2-

3-.etc

Hi,

The proof of completed hours is a part of the link I am attaching below.You have to complete the form and get it signed by your

perceptor.

Applications - Florida Board of Pharmacy - Applicant Information

go to foreign graduates bullet if you are a foreign graduate and fill the form.it has item number 3 page ,make two copies one for 500 hours one for 2800 hours and fill that.

also you need to send the pharmacist application along with all the assignments.there is a instruction manual on the same page. download it and read, it should make things clear for you.

I hope this helps

Thanks Bighope, you answer was very helpful!

What about the proof of attendance that needs to be submited for the 500h? and for the 2080 h? do we need to send pay stubs?

You don't have to send pay stubs or proof.The preceptors signature is the proof they require.There is 1 thing I need to know.Once you submit all the assignments that are required at the end of the 500 hours and it is approved,do you then complete the balance of the hours and notify them that the 2080 are done ?Also,how many CE hours are acceptable?20,50,100?I tried asking the board but did not get any reply.

• 1 month later...

Hi to all member,

Can anybody help me for my intern assignment work? I am too much confused ,needs some help.

In core assignment-4, do I have to write on any one point, or Do I have to write on all nine points mentioned in assignment?

How to write patient profile assignment?

Please help me.

Thank you very much for your time,

:(

• 4 years later...
Hi, i found this forum, and i know you guys posted years ago but all help is always welcome. I am a current foreign pharmacist intern in Florida and I have done 500 hours of internship, but the pharmacist who assigned my hours is never on the pharmacy and he didnt teach me what i had to learn to do my assignments, so i really dont know where to start, so if u guys could help me on how to do the assignments i would really appreciate. And also tips on where to find paid internships because i couldnt find any who pays. Walgreens only acceps applications online what is the same thing as not applying at all because they dont even respond us, CVS told me they dont take foreign pharmacist interns anymore, what i dont believe, so please help me out. Thank u.