Urch Forums

March results

hema75

Congratulations!

Yes, your are eligible for FPGEC certificate but you need to have TOEFL score (computer-based or paper-based which is taken before June 30, 2010).

For those who haven't had TOEFL score but passed TSE, please register TOEFL paper-based as soon as possible. The seats are filled up quickly. Otherwise, your effort for TSE will be in vain. Please be aware!

I think that you will receive it tomorrow, Saturday. Those who live in Canada and the East Coast will receive today. Please post your result here. I am thrilled to hear everybody's success.

Keep your heads up, no matter the result is. Good spirits bring you good fortune!

Hi everybody,

How are you? One of my friends here in Seattle received a score acknowledgement report that says her score will be sent to NABP, instead of score report. She opened the envelope but was disappointed that she did not see her score. Does this happen to you? Please post your result here. What is going on with the score report?

If this happens to anyone, please call ETS. ETS cannot tell your score exactly but the representative can answer "yes", or "no" question whether you get a score of 50 or 55 or not.

Thank you.

I got a score of "40". Usually, I got 45. Can you believe that? I knew since that day that I took the test because I was not able to concentrate. There were 20 people in the same room talking at the same time. I was well prepared but I just could not switch totally different tasks from question no. 1-9 in that kind of testing environment. However, it was over.

I earned a score of 26 on TOEFL iBT speaking. I felt that my brain adjusts better when focusing on one task, academic tasks. I don't have to talk about pictures, advantages, disadvantages, customer services and flowchart. That 's killing me. Beleive me! I practiced those stupid graphs a thousand times. All those questions, I practiced at least hundred times. When I started the test, I could not think of anything (freezing moment). There was no time to think in the opinion tasks and graphs on the TSE.

Overall, I took a total of 29 times of TSE including this one on March 5 without success.

Anyone who failed the TSE, please focus on studying for the TOEFL iBT. If you failed more than 6 times, please work with a tutor or Preparation school. I feel that KAPLAN helped me a lot. I took KAPLAN TOEFLiBT for 4 months in 2006-2007. Then, I continued taking speaking classes at KAPLAN for probably another 6-12 months. I don't remember. All knowledge and experiences at Bruno Hill, Jason, SLS adn AUA Intensive course (preparation school in my home country that I took 15 years ago before I pursued my graduate schools) and pronunciation classes and speech classes at universities helped me a lot.

For writing part, I improved a lot by using writing center (writing labs at universities) when I did project papers while pursuing my master's degrees in the USA. I initially learned how to organize my essays from AUA Intensive course level 5 when I was in my home country 15 years ago. I continued learning high level writing later when I attended graduate schools.

I personally do not believe that those who are not native speakers and came to an English speaking countries in ages older than 14 years old can easily pass this test.

Good luck.

Knok

hi everyone,

i would like to thank everyone who contributed to the tse forum that has helped me passed the TSE last March 05 in seattle. This was my first attempt. I want to specifically thank Knok for helping me out with information to get a testing slot on that last TSE exam.

wishing the best for everyone on this long professional journey. God bless.

kerkarkev

Congratulations! Have you gotten your FPGEC certification?

I knew my score on March 15. ETS sent the score to NABP right away when I checked with ETS. I faxed NABP on March 26. Then, I called to check at around April 9. The customer service told me that my file would be reviewed in a couple of days. I called back today. I was so disappointed to learn that the file has not moved for review. There is FPGEE test going on today. Actually, Pearson operates the FPGEE for NABP. It is not like paper-based test that NABP had to send staff out for the tests.

I hope that I will hear a positive result soon. It has been 6-7 weeks since I took the TOEFLiBT.

However, I hope to hear more about passing scores from you guys. I will pray for everybody.

May I ask an Indian test taker who came from NJ and got my phone number before you left. Did you finally pass the exam? You told me that you finished Internship hours.

Pinky,

Thanks for you message. She got the score of 55 the next day. As far as I know, two of my friends who took the test in Seattle received a score of 55. Others did not pass.

Edited by knok

• 2 weeks later...

Please check with ETS whether it receive your fax or not. After receiving your fax, it should take about 3 weeks.

I just got my FPGEC certificate today. It is exactly 2 weeks from the date I took the TOEFL iBT.

Good luck to everybody.

Hi Knok,

Congratulations in receiving your FPGEC! You deserve it! By the way, i emailed the testaker from India, who was with us in Seattle when we took the TSE. And I have not receive any response from her yet. Also, do you have any idea about pbt exam? Thanks for any input you can give.

kerkarkev

Please check with ETS whether it receive your fax or not. After receiving your fax, it should take about 3 weeks.

I just got my FPGEC certificate today. It is exactly 2 weeks from the date I took the TOEFL iBT.

Good luck to everybody.

Edited by KERKARKEV
typo

kerkarkev,

He is a guy, not a girl. He is the one who passed FPGEE in 2004. I remember Mohumud from Arizona and him since he asked me about how to request a test center in NJ but no more TSE, too bad.

Thank you for your congratulations. Same to you. I took TOEFL pbt in 1995-1996 before I went to graduate schools. I got a score of 590, 15 years ago before I lived in the USA but I studied very hard for it. I went to a tutoring school in my home country. I studied deligently about 6 months. However, at that time, I took GMAT as well. It helped me with the preparation of TOEFL pbt. Then after, I finished my first master's degree, I took TOEFL CBT to fulfill FPGEC certificate. I studied for CBT and received a score of 260 in 2002.

Pay attention to grammar section. I earned 64/66 on that section (15 years ago). Please memorize idioms in listening section. Every section is kind of tricky. You may make mistakes without knowing that. Writing score will not count in the total score of pbt.

Study head and do a lot of practice tests both reading and grammar. Memorize vocabulary. I hope that you will do your exam at your maximum potential. Sleep well the night before. Do not study the day before the test. When you do the questions, go fast. Don't get stuck in difficult questions. Every question is worth equal.

Best wishes.

Edited by knok

Hi Knok,

Congratulations!! on getting your FPGEC and also thank you for your helpful tips on PBT. Just two more days to go for the test . As per your advised I practiced enough to score more than 550. Since I am taking PBT for the first time I just want to know one thing. Do we get one booklet with all the four sections in it or separate booklets for each section? because if its one booklet then I can plan my own time for each section except Listening. And finally GOOD LUCK for your internship hunt.

Nasir