Sponsored Ad:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: March results

Blog Entries

Good post? Yes | No
    Sponsored Ad:
    Please check with ETS whether it receive your fax or not. After receiving your fax, it should take about 3 weeks.

I just got my FPGEC certificate today. It is exactly 2 weeks from the date I took the TOEFL iBT.

Good luck to everybody.
    "Whatever you do in life, will be insignificant,
    but it is very important that you do it
    because nobody else will."

Hello - Lionel richie - ORIGINAL

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi Knok,

Congratulations in receiving your FPGEC! You deserve it! By the way, i emailed the testaker from India, who was with us in Seattle when we took the TSE. And I have not receive any response from her yet. Also, do you have any idea about pbt exam? Thanks for any input you can give.

kerkarkev

Quote Originally Posted by knok View Post
    Please check with ETS whether it receive your fax or not. After receiving your fax, it should take about 3 weeks.

I just got my FPGEC certificate today. It is exactly 2 weeks from the date I took the TOEFL iBT.

Good luck to everybody.
    Last edited by KERKARKEV; 05-06-2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries

Good post? Yes | No
    kerkarkev,

He is a guy, not a girl. He is the one who passed FPGEE in 2004. I remember Mohumud from Arizona and him since he asked me about how to request a test center in NJ but no more TSE, too bad.

Thank you for your congratulations. Same to you. I took TOEFL pbt in 1995-1996 before I went to graduate schools. I got a score of 590, 15 years ago before I lived in the USA but I studied very hard for it. I went to a tutoring school in my home country. I studied deligently about 6 months. However, at that time, I took GMAT as well. It helped me with the preparation of TOEFL pbt. Then after, I finished my first master's degree, I took TOEFL CBT to fulfill FPGEC certificate. I studied for CBT and received a score of 260 in 2002.

Pay attention to grammar section. I earned 64/66 on that section (15 years ago). Please memorize idioms in listening section. Every section is kind of tricky. You may make mistakes without knowing that. Writing score will not count in the total score of pbt.

Study head and do a lot of practice tests both reading and grammar. Memorize vocabulary. I hope that you will do your exam at your maximum potential. Sleep well the night before. Do not study the day before the test. When you do the questions, go fast. Don't get stuck in difficult questions. Every question is worth equal.

Best wishes.
    Last edited by knok; 05-06-2010 at 06:57 PM.

An Urch Guru Pundit Swami Sage Tseprep's Avatar

Good post? Yes | No
    Knok congrats and good luck!

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi Knok,

Congratulations!! on getting your FPGEC and also thank you for your helpful tips on PBT. Just two more days to go for the test . As per your advised I practiced enough to score more than 550. Since I am taking PBT for the first time I just want to know one thing. Do we get one booklet with all the four sections in it or separate booklets for each section? because if its one booklet then I can plan my own time for each section except Listening. And finally GOOD LUCK for your internship hunt.

Nasir

Blog Entries

Good post? Yes | No
    Thanks Mr. Park and Nasir for your congratulations.

For the pbt, the proctors will set the time for you for each section. You can't go back to do the previous section and can't do other sections while they tell you to do a particular section.

In listening section, you can see multiple choices while listening to the passage. I think that it is better to scan the multiple choices before listening to each question.

Good luck.
    Last edited by knok; 05-07-2010 at 08:06 PM.

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No
    Thanks Knok.

Blog Entries

Good post? Yes | No
    However, that was 15 years ago. I don't know for sure what ETS conducts the pbt now. Again, have a good night sleep.

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No
    Hi Knok,

Just want to thank you for the guidance and advices on toefl-pbt. I got my TOEFL PBT result and I could not believe that I scored 633 out of 660. I am really grateful since I struggled during the exam because I woke up 1:30AM and could not go back to sleep. I just slept for 2 hours the night before my exam. Midway thru the exam, I was feeling very dizzy and sleepy and I find it difficult to concentrate. I just mustered all the strength that I have just to finish the test. I missed some of the conversations in the listening part and a bit confused with the structure/gramamar portion. But I am happy I passed my exams. I am awaiting my certificate and hopefully I can land a pharmacy intern job. I really thank you for all your help in these exams.

kerkarkev

kerkarkev,
    He is a guy, not a girl. He is the one who passed FPGEE in 2004. I remember Mohumud from Arizona and him since he asked me about how to request a test center in NJ but no more TSE, too bad.

Thank you for your congratulations. Same to you. I took TOEFL pbt in 1995-1996 before I went to graduate schools. I got a score of 590, 15 years ago before I lived in the USA but I studied very hard for it. I went to a tutoring school in my home country. I studied deligently about 6 months. However, at that time, I took GMAT as well. It helped me with the preparation of TOEFL pbt. Then after, I finished my first master's degree, I took TOEFL CBT to fulfill FPGEC certificate. I studied for CBT and received a score of 260 in 2002.

Pay attention to grammar section. I earned 64/66 on that section (15 years ago). Please memorize idioms in listening section. Every section is kind of tricky. You may make mistakes without knowing that. Writing score will not count in the total score of pbt.

Study head and do a lot of practice tests both reading and grammar. Memorize vocabulary. I hope that you will do your exam at your maximum potential. Sleep well the night before. Do not study the day before the test. When you do the questions, go fast. Don't get stuck in difficult questions. Every question is worth equal.

Best wishes.[/QUOTE]

Blog Entries

Good post? Yes | No

Congratulations!

KERKARKEV,

Congratulations! I can't be happier than hearing you finally passed the exam. You did a good job even though you got 2 hours of sleep. Awesome!

We all passed through the stage of pain and frustration. Now, I just finished my finals and am still very extremely exhausted with schools and all FPGEC process. I feel like that I don't have energy left to find a job. I think that I need 72 hours of sleep. The first thing I want to do is get my life back to a normal stage. Go wherever I want to go. Do whatever I want to do. Live like we were dying. I had no life for years.

Then, we have to come back to study for NAPLEX and law exam.
    Last edited by knok; 06-23-2010 at 04:33 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information