I've been silent for a while. Been bz. Anyway, I've got the results today from the TSE last FEBRUARY. It's now April. LOOOOOOONG WAIT , RIGHT?
Got the result and it's worth the wait. I did not expect that I will pass so I did not open it immediately. When I opened it, I can't believe my eyes. I got 50.
I was really surprised. Really surprised. Thank God. It's my 5th take you know. And my toefl will expire this May. So, I was really, really happy.
I want to thank everyone here for helping me out and giving valuable tips.
If I can help, please email me if u want. I will gladly help you if I can.
Again thank you everyone and most of all I thank God.
I believe prayers really helped me. Don't lose hope. Have faith in God.
Congratulations maze! Why did u take the TSE? Are u a nurse or physical therapist applying in the US?
TSE is really a nervewracking exam. You must really have confidence and focus in taking it. I'm glad u survived.
Again, congratulations and best wishes...
Thank you everyone. Elsie, shreeankit, knok and others, u thanks for ur help. i reviewed the sample questions especially the graphs. I know that is one of my weakness so i focused on that one most of the time.
i am an occupational therapist so i have to have a score of 50 in the TSE in order for me to take the board exam.
What i did in my last exam were:
1. I practiced answering questions and i used a recorder so i will know if my answers are clear and loud or if i pause for a long time.
2. I practiced timing myself and answered the questions within 45 to 55 seconds. I did not answer the questions exactly in 60.
3. I made a template for the simulation questions and practiced. Even if i'm nervous i can answer it with a natural voice. You really can answer it even if you've just wakened up from sleep. For example: THE VOICE MAIL REPORT:
Hello. Good morinng. This is a voice mail message report for ________. This is Ashley Brown ur secretary. Yesterday, Mr. ______ i have overheard our officemates talk about __title___. They said they had done ________. Now they are in the process of ________. What remains to be done are the following _____________. This is the end of the report. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call me up. Thank you and good bye. (this template runs in 30 secs if u practice. The remaining 15-25 secs time will be the answer in the blanks)
4. In the graph section, I had an introductory template and i did not elaborate so much on the details. What I answered was the first two detail that captured my attention.
For example: The graph before me is a pie graph which is about ____title____. Both graphs have four sections which represents ________. I observed that the largest section in the first graph is _______ while the largest section of the second graph is __________. This is the information given in this graph.
5. I used simple english in order for me to not complicate my answers.
6. Although i pause, I did not pause long. I continued answering the questions. If you know u answered in a wrong grammar, continue answering the questions as if its not wrong and do not pause for a long time.
7. I tried to avoid using "ammmmmm."
8. IT IS VERY VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE A CLEAR AND LOUD VOICE.
9. Do not talk fast. Filipinos tend to talk fast when they are nervous. Practice talking slow like the one in the recorded messages when we contact somebody in the cellphone but the cellphone is out of reach. (got me?)
10. MOST IMPORTANT TIP IS PRAY, PRAY, AND PRAY. After we finish the exam, we have no more power over it so have faith.
I hope the above tips will help u. if you have any questions. please do contact me.
God bless you all and Good luck to all of those who will take the exam. If I did it, so can you.
congratulations,i just received my TSE score for feb test and i got 50 !!! i cant believe that.This is my 2nd attempt, i got 40 in my first attempt.I would like to thank knok,elsie and others for their constant suggestions in the forum.Frankly speaking i didnt had any special preparation,i just followed the material in the forum and practiced well.I took the test in paris,and the centre was very nice in the sense every participant was given a separate room.Regarding my test experience,,i attempted all questions,but 3 questions i talked beyond the specified 1 min but i delivered nicely and i hesitated for picture question with few pauses.But on overl all i thought i did well,and was expecting 50 and as expected i got 50.To be on safe side i already took the March test and booked for April test also,now i dont have to worry abt the comming test.For those who are taking TSE,i would like to share my ideas with you(though i am not an expert like knok,elsie and others).
1.Try to speak as naturally as possible(i just did that)
2.Dont worry about the american accent,try to deliver the answer precisely & confidently with the accent that you have.
3.Try to change your accent according the situation( i mean the queston type you are facing).
4.Please dont pay much attention to the quantity of the answers,even if you speak 40-45 sec with the relevant answer thats pretty good enough.
5.Try to speak all 9 questions(on my 1st attempt i didnt answer one opinion question and the last question,so i guess, that might be the resaon for my low score).If you speak all 9 questions it would create a positive impact on raters about you.
I think everybody can easily pass the TSE with a bit confidence and preparation and good luck to everybody who are taking the tse in the next week.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)