Urch Forums

Ucdavis (transfer) Admissions Info

Patti.K

Hey, Everyone!

I just wanted to do a general post for anyone interested in applying for UCDAVIS as a transfer student. I was on the DSAC (dean's student advisory council) and I actually reviewed some of the transfer apps. (For those who have already applied and are waiting for a letter, it should have been mailed out two weeks ago or you can log into sisweb.ucdavis.edu to check on the status.)

Basically the criteria for getting into Davis as a transfer isn't as hard as it may seem. You will need a cumalative GPA of 3.2 or higher (I've seen some. 3.0s get in accepted, too but you should play it safe), a strong personal statement, and some sort of extracurricular activity that you have demonstrated some sort of commitment, too. We used a "point system" as peer-reviewers but if you've completed all the requirements and received a number of >=85, then you would be considered as an outstanding candidate. Then, we would send it up to the OFFICIAL admissions board who may read over your personal statement, check to see if everything is in good order, and BAM! you're admitted! :)

I strongly recommend any students that are interested in attending davis to take a tour of the campus on any normal school day. It's a beautiful campus and filled with fun and friendly students. go AGGIES. :) If you guys have any further questions about UCDavis admissions or UCSD (I actually went there for a quarter, too:)), please feel free to post up your questions on the forum and I'll do my best to respond in a timely manner. I wish you all the best of luck with all your future endeavors!

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...