Urch Forums

Need Your Inputs!!

hi friends!!!

I am in a bit of dilemma about pursuing my Masters in CS. What is keeping me back i think is my education background. I have done my BBA in Finance and then got PG Diploma in Systems. Since technically i am not an engineer can some one tell my chances of making into top 20 (atleast) universities in the US. My GRE score is 1400. All your inputs will be really appreciated.

I have done my BBA in Finance and then got PG Diploma in Systems. Since technically i am not an engineer can some one tell my chances of making into top 20 (atleast) universities in the US.

Have you taken the computer science courses that almost all MS CS programs require prior to admission, e.g. data structures and algorithms, operating systems, computer architecture, theory of computation, etc.? (If not, your chances of getting into a top 20 school are very low unless you get a decent score on the GRE Computer Science Subject Test, and you may want to consider if an MIS career path is something you may like more.)