Urch Forums

I passed with 115 , how I studied....

catalinaB

Hi

I passed with 115 . I could not believe ..

I graduated 10 years ago , I have a 11 months old daughter who has cancer in both eyes . She was under chemotherapy while I was studying. It were 4 months of nightmares ..

I started studying in September so I had 3 months.

Usually I would read each night from 8 to 11 or 11,30 pm.

I read CPR chapters 1 to 28 two times and after each chapter I did the corresponding chapter from Dutta book. After that I read two times ''Pharmnemonics'' Amazon.com: Illustrated Pharmacology Memory Cards: PharMnemonics: Howard Shen: Books -I found that about it from this forum . After this I read only the beginning of chapters 39 to 57 from CPR (I read only the introduction part until therapy part starts ) . For management part I used Manan -theory book and management Q&A . I did not memorize but I tried to understand. I used to read daily the thread started by Alahmmed ''Amazing notes for Dec. ''. During the test I did mostly an educated guess but it worked ( specially with the morning part). I had many questions from statistics and cardiovascular diseseas ( specially the drugs that lower the cholesterol -you don't need to memorize any doses ). I think I had about 10 questions only from statistics( which I did not study it )

....So it is important.

One more thing ..I took pre FPGEE two weeks before the test and I scored 112 with a range of 90 to 130. I think it is better to take the prefpgee test as early as posible to have an ideea on what kind of question one could expect.

Good luck to the April test takers. !!! It is not imposible to pass the exam....!!!

Thank You Catalina,

your post is very touchful, and helpful too.

I'm sitting for april09 and I'm about to move next month to the States. I have a 7months old baby and I really can understand what you could have passed through to prepare the test. Your message is very encouraging people like me that have little kids to care and try this career to ensure a better future for them.

My best wishes for you little one, she's lucky in the way she has an intelligent and smart mom like you. take care and best of luck!

Thank You Catalina,

I'm sitting for april09 and I'm about to move next month to the States. I have a 7months old baby and I really can understand what you could have passed through to prepare the test. Your message is very encouraging people like me that have little kids to care and try this career to ensure a better future for them.

My best wishes for you little one, she's lucky in the way she has an intelligent and smart mom like you. take care and best of luck!

Hi, so nice to know u are having a baby and preparing for the exams. keep it up u are going to make it.

I have a kid of 17 months olded too and i want to send my documents in for evaluation and i donot know how long it takes. Can u please tell me what to do so that it goes faster.

Thanks so much for responding

hi catallina thank you for that wonderful tip. im really sure you are a very good soul. you shared something precious here and for that, we appreciate it. anyway, i am hoping a good life for you and your family especially your daughter. you know what, my mother too, that's why i have to give my very best to this exam and to grab for a good future. be positive. that's all i can say.

Thank You Catalina,

Thank you IatlDoc for your wishes! Good luck with your relocation and with your exam .If you think that you are doing this for your baby you would get strength and force to study and pass the test.

Hi, so nice to know u are having a baby and preparing for the exams. keep it up u are going to make it.

I have a kid of 17 months olded too and i want to send my documents in for evaluation and i donot know how long it takes. Can u please tell me what to do so that it goes faster.

Thanks so much for responding

Hi pickup,

For me it was a little difficult to sit for exam because I had some trouble with getting my papers from my University. So I applied two years ago but the documents that I sent were not good ( I did not send an official one but a copy in a sealed envelop) . But from the moment I had sent them the good papers to ECE it took only one and a half month to get from NABP my approval to sit for December exam.( you need to send to both ECE and NABP in the same time to speed up the process )

So good luck with getting all the documentation !

hi catallina thank you for that wonderful tip. im really sure you are a very good soul. you shared something precious here and for that, we appreciate it. anyway, i am hoping a good life for you and your family especially your daughter. you know what, my mother too, that's why i have to give my very best to this exam and to grab for a good future. be positive. that's all i can say.

Hi JPBclinpharm,'

Thank you so much for your kind words. It feels good when a stranger is thinking at you and wishes the best .

good luck your test!

Hello, are you refering to the Dec 2008 exams?

where can I see the complete passers list?

Thnaks!

Hi

I don't think you can see the list with December 2008 's passers . When one wants to see his score he needs both EE number and the date of birth to log in on the NABP site.

Sorry