Urch Forums

Any egyption going to exam in november 2013

Mohamed1986

Ya , i just wanted to ask how to study, do I just memorise everything and that it as some people told me to focus more on comprehensive pharmacy review esp. The first 15 chapters. Plus most important after we pass the fgpee , I heard it is very hard to find a pharmacy to have the internship. Is that true because i lost all my hope when i heard that

Yes it is true. I have a green card and I am from Europe. I live in the USa since 2000, but I have just passed FPGEE and TOEFL and no pharmacy will hire foreign graduates. Unless you can get a green card or permanent residence, don't do it as you will waste your money and no one will hire you here for an internship. If you have some private small pharmacies who would let you volunteer, do it, otherwise, save yourself a trouble.

Hello Mohamed,

unfortunatelly I haven't started preparing yet for the exam, but i will next week. I have APHA and CPR, of course I am not going to memorize every thing just revision. I assume it's going to be easier for you bec you are kinda of fresh graduate, I am 04 grad and haven't practiced since 08. as for the

internship, just don't stress over it, go bit by bit. focus on your exam first, then when you have your certificate handy you will find internship with or without pay, I know that. keep up the good work:)

Hi all, this is Myriam and I am planing to take the FPGEE exam as well( i believe it is in September 2013??) didnt see Nov 2013. Please correct me if im wrong. I am still in the process of getting the books, which edition of the comprehensive pharmacy review do you have? I live in Egypt as well and would like study partners. I graduated in 2003.

Hey guys, this is Shady...i'm also from Egypt, GUC class 2010 and i'm planning to take the fpgee September 2013....I already got the APha and the CPR 8th edition but i think its too much for the fpgee so, im mostly focused on the APha for now....would like to have a study partner to keep it on track and share info regularly...... here is my contact email:

CONTACT DETAILS DELETED BY MODERATOR. Please use Test Magic messaging system.

Edited by wasleys

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all, this is Myriam and I am planing to take the FPGEE exam as well( i believe it is in September 2013??) didnt see Nov 2013. Please correct me if im wrong. I am still in the process of getting the books, which edition of the comprehensive pharmacy review do you have? I live in Egypt as well and would like study partners. I graduated in 2003.

I got the CPR 8 from Ain Shames University its the last edition so far , make sure you buy the 3 book at same package 2 books and 3rd one for exams, but this book I think is more advanced and for NAPLEX

You can find other book Called APHA (American Public Health Association ) for FPGEE.

I got both but too lazy to start

Iam 2012 Graduate btw :)

I got the CPR 8 from Ain Shames University its the last edition so far , make sure you buy the 3 book at same package 2 books and 3rd one for exams, but this book I think is more advanced and for NAPLEX

You can find other book Called APHA (American Public Health Association ) for FPGEE.

I got both but too lazy to start

Iam 2012 Graduate btw :)

Hi M Atef El Mahdy (is it Mohammad? :) ) I was wondering if you would like us to form a study group just to encourage each other. let me know. my email is -------------------Anybody is welcome to join me. I haven't started studying yet but will do this week :)

CONTACT DETAILS DELETED BY MODERATOR. Please use Test Magic messaging system.

Edited by wasleys

Hello all , yes the exam is in sept. right. I bought apha and cpr too. I just started studying today , i cant remember anything :( i graduated 08. I am nt sure how to study do i memorise everything or just focus on some topics only. I want to ask u all when applying for the visa do i apply for a student or a tourism one.? I do have some relatives there. I hope i can have a study partener pls pm me if anyone is interested. I live in cairo btw.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi there, well as I can recall the exam wasn't easy, there were lots of details in some basic sciences.. But overall it went fine more than what I expected.. There were some calculations, a great deal of pharmacology and not much of the medicinal chemistry.. I can tell that it included everything.. I studied from Apha, some chapters from the CPR and of course manan shroff's management book.. Let me know if you need some help.. Good luck

• 1 month later...

okay im new to this whole forum thing so i dont no if im typing in the right place. I NEEEED SERIOUS HELP im a GUC '12 grad and i sent my papers about a month ago to NABP and right now trying to start studying, i got all the books but im so clueless on what exactly to study, CPR 8TH edition is too long and im sure we dont have to study all of it, im studying pharma from lippincott just started a week ago or something if i do get acceptance to sit the exam that is , then i only have less than 2 months to study. what chapters should i study or wt should i focus on , ive got lots of books and no idea which one to study from or what to study from each

pleeeease HELPPPPP ANYONE

okay im new to this whole forum thing so i dont no if im typing in the right place. I NEEEED SERIOUS HELP im a GUC '12 grad and i sent my papers about a month ago to NABP and right now trying to start studying, i got all the books but im so clueless on what exactly to study, CPR 8TH edition is too long and im sure we dont have to study all of it, im studying pharma from lippincott just started a week ago or something if i do get acceptance to sit the exam that is , then i only have less than 2 months to study. what chapters should i study or wt should i focus on , ive got lots of books and no idea which one to study from or what to study from each

pleeeease HELPPPPP ANYONE

Hello there!

I. Have the cpr book and APha book, i read all of APha and left the cpr although i am thinking of looking at it soon. I have heard that the first 8 chapters are the ones to focus on. I do feel that you will not have enough time to study if you are just getting started, unless you will be studying full time from now until April. For lippincots I do not have it although i am looking for it! You have a choice to do the exam in April of November, if you do not feel ready for April then go for November do not waste your time and money if you are not ready. God be with you, i wish you success !

• 8 months later...