Urch Forums

Preparation: 3 Month or 6 Month?

GiorGio

Hi folks,

Well I am planning to apply for Fall 2010 intakes , Before that I have to take GMAT , during the last 2 weeks I have read great deal of Materials about GMAT. So I am well awared about the style of the test.

I have such a question to those experienced test takers, Is it better to start intensive preparation now , and take test in the beginning of August ( so I have a bit more than 3 month) or spend this 3 Month on General overview of test and learning a bit of everything slowly?... Than i have 3 week business trip in mid August , So I won't be able to study during that. and than In the beginning of September start intensive preparation and take the test by the end of November?

I am non native english speaker and as i have noticed verbal section will be the weakest section for me, but I am quite strong in Math's so I aim to reach highest percentiles there...

The reason why i asked this question is , i am a bit frightened of being over burned due to this 6 month long studying.

My Target score is 720+ ....

I have already purchased OG , Kaplan's Premier program , Princeton's and Barron's books. going to add Manhattan SC now.

Thanks

HOLD ON!

1. What is your CURRENT GMAT SCORE? if you dont know go and do a free CAT somewhere like Manhattan GMAT and come back reporting your Q, V scores.

2. There is NO REASON for you to buy Kaplan premier+ Princeton +Barron! Those 3 books are all overviews and you only really need one.

3. If your really good in maths (we will see based on your GMAT test in 1) then you need Verbal orientated materials more.

----MGMAT CR

----MGMAT SC

----MGMAT RC

Maybe even Kaplan or Manhattan REVIEW Verbal Workbook/solutions guide

get point 1 done and then we'll see if its possible etc because 720+ is a very high score and you WONT be able to do it with the books u have.