Urch Forums

Please rate my 2nd issue essay

donbuser

Should Education Institutions discourage students frompursuing fields of study in which success would appear to be marginal at best.I would agree that it is important for one to get into a field where they canmake a sufficient enough amount ofmoney however, for educationalinstitutions to discourage students to pursue certain fields would becounterproductive to their autonomy. Iwould strongly disagree with educational Institutions discouraging students from pursuing fields of study.

First of all, I feel that if a student wants to be in acertain field bad enough, No matter how unlikely that student is to succeed inthat field most likely he/she will find a way to do what they truly want to do. If an educational institution wants todissuade a student from pursuit of that field of study when their determinationis too strongly, that student will actively seek out an educational institutionthat will be supportive of his/her academic goal.

Second of all , Life experience is a greater mentor than anyindividual or institution could possibly be. The field that the college isdiscouraging the student from pursuing could very well be the field that thisstudent earns a lucrative income from 5years later which in turn would reflect well on that educational institution.

The examples above support the idea that educationalInstitutions should not discourage students from persuing their currentacademic goals. If it’s they are passionate enough about their academic goal,they will do whatever it is to attain it and they could be significantly moresuccessful in their field of choice than the educational institution predicts.