Urch Forums

please rate my issue essay on college student affordability

donbuser

The lead singer of the band Rage Against the Machine oncesaid “ Knowledge is a power that should neither be bought or sold”. I agreethat if the government were to fund the education of someone admitted to acollege but couldn’t afford the tuition would most likely come from thetaxpayers and taxpayer money shouldn’t be spent frivolously however I feel that opportunity should be available to everyone. In the interestof fairnesss, governments should offeruniversity education to someone admitted to a university but can’t afford it.

A student who has been accepted to a university but can’tafford tuition should not be excluded from opportunity just because of his/her socioeconomicbackground. If anything the student should be given the chance to improvehis/her situation especially in the united states which has been coined theland of opportunity . Everybody should be given the chance to make a betterlife for themselves.

Furthermore, a student who simply can’t afford a collegeeducation might be better at his/her given field as opposed to one who isn’t. Forexample, the student who had parents barely making ends meet turns out to be abetter physician than the student who went to Ivey league college and has hisown trust fund. Aptitude for a giventrade isn’t measured in money.

In conclusion, it’s clear that the government should offer afree university education to any student that has been admitted to a universitybut can’t afford the tuition. Not onlydoes everybody deserve an opportunity but the student who can’t afford thetuition might be better suited for the field than the student who can afford acollege education.