Urch Forums

Please greade my essay. Will be appearing for IELTS general test on 25th september

sandy

Every country has poor people and every country has different ways of dealing with poor. What are some of the reasons for poverty? What can we do to help the poor?

Give reasons for your answers and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Answer:

Every country in the world has several problems to deal with, the major one being poverty. No country is perfect, it has to be made perfect. Hence, nations have adopted to different strategies to battle this impediment of growth and prosperity.

The best way to resolve a problem is to find its root cause and address them. Similarly, if one contemplates over the factors leading to poverty, then the reasons turn out to be corruption, illiteracy, unemployment and inefficient governance. When an individual is haunted by poverty he rarely can come out of it, because even to come out of it, certain amount of money is necessary, thereby ending up in a vicious cycle.

Poverty can be erased from our society provided, firstly, the government, in order to get the poor out of this pathetic trap, provides facilities like free education, subsidized food prices and low interest loans. So that, the weak get an opportunity to break the dead locks. Secondly, as the saying goes, be the change if you want to see the change, citizens also should take initiatives, like for example, being a part of Non Governmental Organizations in order to educate the children, to provide free reading material to them and supply food and clothing. For instance, I bear the expenses of my maid’s daughter’s education. Also, I have come across some companies which spend a small percentage of the money earned by selling every product, to the food and education needs of the wretched.

In conclusion, problems are part of our lives, we only must have right attitude towards them to be able to curb them. The government and its citizens, in joint collaboration, should retrospect the factors leading to poverty and must take measures at all levels to help the poor come out of the darkness.