Urch Forums

TOEFL-iBT experience

gramesh14

Hi everyone,

I have taken the new TOEFL-iBT, i just wanna chare my experience about the exam.

Reading section:

I was too lengthy, as far as i know i should be getting only 3 passages each 20 minutes, but apparently i got 5 pages with a time period of 100 minutes. It was really tiring and moreover i couldnt complete it in the stipulated time period. I left out two questions.

Listening Section:

They are comparitively longer conversations than expected, and some were trickey questions. I am sure i have done it well.

Speaking section:

I am sure most of you are worried about this section as it has been introduced recently. It was ok, i mean better than TSE i suppose, because i have taken TSE 3 times and got 45 all three times. All the questions were mostly academic oriented. the two independent tast questions were easy. I had a problem in one question as i couldnt complete it on time.

Writing section:

There were two essays and they were comparitively easier.

When i took the practice test, i did recieve the socre for listening and reading. but on teh main exam i didnt recieve any scores. I asked teh test center people, they said that i will recieve the complete score on 14th of october. I was not sure about that. Anyway i will call the customer support people on monday and clarify my doubts. In teh eman while if any one has an idea about it please do let me know.

You have to be really patient for 4 hrs which is really frustrating.....anyway i wish everone good luck who took this exam now ir planning to take it in future.

Goodday

Ramesh