Urch Forums

Recent Experience with Naplex

naplexstudyman

Did anyone have the experience, while taking their Naplex, that the calculations questions became harder and harder? Also, out of 185 questions, I believe that I only had about 22 calculations questions when everyone kept telling me that there are so many calculation questions. Did anyone else have the same experience? I am nervous that this is a bad thing...

Hi,what i understand is that,since the exam is computer adaptive there is the tendency that the difficulty level increases if you get your answers right.

If you just took your test then just be positive and hope for the best.

Best of luck.

Thanks so much success. Yes, I just took the test (will post my experience) and I realized today that I need to try to stay positive....

• 2 weeks later...
Hey ALL, passed NAPLEX last week with 120. I'm a foreign pharmacy graduate & graduated almost 8 years ago. Studied for about 2 months using RxPrep, the RXprep question bank , as well as the 120 Calculation questions floating around. That was more than enough material. For foreign-graduates, I would recommend taking the pre-Naplex (If you can afford it) prior to the actual exam. It gave me a feel of what to expect (the format of exam). The exam itself was not overly difficult. I had about 20-30 Calculations

Congrats on your test! Please post your experience so we can learn from it.

Thanks.

Hi all,

My experience was horrible leading up to the exam, but I thankfully passed. This was my experience:

I studied intensely for one month using RxPrep. I also watched all the videos and took notes during the videos to supplement the RxPrep book. I also did all the RxPrep text bank questions to reinforce what I learned in the chapter. I tried to remember as much as I could from each chapter and reviewed the chapters multiple times.

You never know what they will test you on. My test happened to focus a lot on HIV, Cancer and Mental Diseases. Other people seemed to get more questions on Heart Disease or Stroke. I freaked out because I had not reviewed the HIV, Cancer and Mental Diseases the night before the exam but by the grace of God, I was somehow able to answer the questions.

Do not be fooled. It is very hard to study for the Naplex. There were many times that I felt like giving up, but please know that you should keep trying and praying. Eventually, with God's help, I believe that you can do it.

Also, calculations must be mastered. I studied every calculations from RxPrep as well as from the 120 SDN questions. In addition to all the normal calculation questions, you must practice how to solve millimole, milliequivalent, and mOsmol questions, as well as the alligation questions.

Feel free to private message me if anyone needs help.

All the best.

• Like 1

Hi Rameshmelaem,

As mentioned, all I used was the RxPrep book, Quiz bank, and 120 Calcs. It took me about 8 weeks to prepare. I tried to complete 1-2 chapters a day from RxPrep. I completed the whole book and made notes on important points from each chapter. Completed the corresponding quiz bank after each topic . Also tried to do Calculations daily.

Congratulations Emekadacat, I had a quick look at your previous post to check your journey so far re- qualifying. I am a UK pharmacist too ploughing my way through licensing maze. Have you completed your intern hours then or did you take NAPLEX before intern? New York require NAPLEX exam before internship for foreign pharmacist and I am thinking about going through that route. Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi emeka ,hope the emeka is ibo ,please can you help me ,am from UK too planning to take the NAPLEX in march 2015,any advise on how you managed with the brand names ,any advise on getting sponsored for H1B VISA ,biko email me on ----------------

CONTACT DETAILS DELETED BY MODERATOR. Please use Test Magic messaging system.

Edited by wasleys

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone, anybody taking NAPLEX in Boston MA ,march-april 2015,looking for a study partner

hi, I am planning to appear for naplex in mid 2015. pls msg in case you want to study together. thanks

Edited by wasleys
Sorted HTML on quote

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone, I recently passed the Naplex and am selling all of my study notes and materials. I have two years worth of RxPrep with notes and an additional book for questions.

I am asking only $200 for everything. You will not find thus anywhere. Private message me if you are interested in purchasing. Thanks and good luck.

Hi everyone, I recently passed the Naplex and am selling all of my study notes and materials. I have two years worth of RxPrep with notes and an additional book for questions.

I am asking only $200 for everything. You will not find thus anywhere. Private message me if you are interested in purchasing. Thanks and good luck.

Hi ,

r your materials still available