Urch Forums

TOEFL-iBT scores

gramesh14

Hi everyone,

I got my Toefl-ibt score today.....i am happy :) at last after taking TSE for 3 times and still could get only 45..............my toefl scores are as follows

Reading 25

Listening 26

Speaking 27

Writing 28

I was surprised to see the result, i just took this exam after being frustrated by TSE, as i could not get 50, which has seriously hampered the chances of getting a job. Now atleast i can dream of working in the near future as i have done atleast cleared the requirements

All the best for everyoen who i stalking the exam in future. I would suggest as an alternative to TSE, but only problem i that u need to be patient for 4 hrs for the exam

Once again thanks for all the group members who have been very helpful in helping each other

Goodday

Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

Congratulations! you got a great score.

How did you prepare for your exam? What is your feeling about new TOEFL? How does that differ from old one? I mean how good it is from old one? Can you please share your experience and your suggestions for new TOEFL?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Hi MYGOAL2K6,

Thanks a lot, Its not much different for previous TOEFL, but its lengthy (4 hrs) and of course speaking section, which i have found it to be easire than TSE. They have given me an analysis for each and every section in the score report, which is really helpful in understanding what mistakes i made and how can we improve our score.

In terms of preparation, i had Barrons 2004 book for TOEFL, and i took the practice exam on TOEFL website. it was very informative in terms of speaking and writing sections.

All the best

Ramesh

Hi Akus2004,

Yes, NABP does allow you to take TOEFL-iBT instead of TSE, this was a recent change which was made by NABP and is also shown up in the NABP website.

But they have kept minimum acceptable scores for each and every section on TOEFL-iBT.........look at this ........i have copied and pasted it from NABP website

FPGEE, TOEFL, and TSE Score Expirations Eliminated

8/11/05

The National Association of Boards of Pharmacy® (NABP®) is pleased to announce that the NABP Executive Committee has approved the elimination of the two-year time expiration of the Test of English as a Foreign Language™ (TOEFL®), Test of Spoken English™ (TSE®), and Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination® (FPGEE®) scores.

Effective immediately, a passing TOEFL or TSE score reported to NABP per procedure retains its validity, giving the candidate as much time as needed to pass the FPGEE without having to retake the language portion of the Certificate program. Previously, candidates were required to pass the TOEFL and TSE within either two years before or two years after passing the FPGEE to maintain the validity of their passing scores. In addition, NABP has eliminated the two-year time limit on the length of the validity of a candidate's last FPGEE score. Please note Educational Testing Services® (ETS®) has not changed its policy and will continue to report TOEFL and TSE scores for a period of two years only.

NABP has also modified the acceptable language tests for Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee™ (FPGEC®) Certification based on the ETS phase out of the TOEFL and TSE. These tests will be replaced by the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT). Effective September 24, 2005, candidates may submit TOEFL iBT scores in place of the old TOEFL and TSE scores. Over the next year, the new TOEFL iBT will be phased in worldwide as the old TOEFL is phased out country by country. The TSE examination will continue to be administered until June 2006.

During this transition period, either minimal acceptable TOEFL iBT scores or the combination of minimal acceptable TOEFL/TSE scores will satisfy the language requirements for FPGEC certification. The minimal acceptable scores are as follows:

TSE – 50

Computer-based TOEFL – 213

Paper-based TOEFL – 550

TOEFL iBT: Writing – 24

Speaking – 26

Listening – 18

Reading – 21

The decision to modify the FPGEC requirements comes after a total review of the language requirements for certification. This modification will not diminish the standards set for certification, but will allow candidates additional flexibility in the certification process.

For more information about the changes to the FPGEC Certification requirements, please visit NABP’s Web site at www.nabp.net or contact the Customer Service Department at 847/391-4406 or via e-mail at custserv@nabp.net. NABP is the independent, international, and impartial Association that assists its member boards and jurisdictions in developing, implementing, and enforcing uniform standards for the purpose of protecting the public health.

If you have any questions or comments, please e-mail custserv@nabp.net.

Goodday

Ramesh

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hai ramesh this is nag , congratulations for ur achivement ,I am also planning to take TOEFL-ibt soon , will u tell me , how can i prepare for that , Imean practice books for preparation , and how to get good scores like u.

may I know ur yahoo id or other one to communicate with u

I hope u will understand my prob

nag

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone,

First of all thank you all!!!!!!!!

I am sorry for the delayed response, I was busy at my work place. I prepared TOEFL book (Barrons 2005), as there was no book for TOEFL-iBT at that time. To be frank enough I did not practice enough on speaking part either. After listening to the sample answers on TOEFL-iBT on toefl site, i was pretty confident.

Goodthing about TOEFL-iBT speaking part is that you can see the time on the screen, which was very helpful in planning the reponse and ending it within the time period, unlike TSE where you dont know the time when you have to end or continue speaking (thats my view)

Apart from that I was just reading the essays posted on the TOEFL-essays part in test magic, which also helped me a ton..

Of course I would say reading comrehension is very long in the new patter for which you have to be very patient.

Last but not the least TSE exam is just 15 min....but this new TOEFL exam takes 4 hrs.

Most of my friends who had problems with TSE, cleared TOEFL-iBT with no probelms (ofcourse if not first time.....second time)

Wish you all goodluck

Ramesh

• 4 weeks later...

HI ,

Can you share some info on how to tackle the exam in Ibt. Thanks a lot

.What preparations to do. God bless you. and congrats

:) :tup:

Hi everyone,

I got my Toefl-ibt score today.....i am happy :) at last after taking TSE for 3 times and still could get only 45..............my toefl scores are as follows

Reading 25

Listening 26

Speaking 27

Writing 28

I was surprised to see the result, i just took this exam after being frustrated by TSE, as i could not get 50, which has seriously hampered the chances of getting a job. Now atleast i can dream of working in the near future as i have done atleast cleared the requirements

All the best for everyoen who i stalking the exam in future. I would suggest as an alternative to TSE, but only problem i that u need to be patient for 4 hrs for the exam

Once again thanks for all the group members who have been very helpful in helping each other

Goodday

Ramesh

• 6 years later...