Urch Forums

Princeton VS Yale

princetonhost

• 11 months later...
Hahaha, this guys is hilarious.

Use the "complain about this post" feature. It's faster than voting the post down. In the bottom left corner of every post, there are three buttons. Far left is "Blog this Post." Then, a six-sided star (reputation). Then, an exclamation mark inside a triangle; this one is the "complain about this post" button. Enough complaints, and lauler will be put on moderation for spamming threads with the same post.

Princeton's falling on some hard times. They aren't placing as well as Yale and Yale is producing better research. Yale has somewhere around the 9th most influential, breakthrough research while Princeton has the 13th, behind UCLA, NYU, and Michegan. Tom's ranking

Ridiculous as this might be, I wouldn't just disregard Yale. It's the birthplace of behavioural finance/macro, with some good people, especially in the SOM. Geanakoplos has probably published the most influential stuff about the crisis, while Shiller is, well, Shiller.

• Like 1

I agree that Lauler's point was a bit over-the-top, but I've seen those same rankings and statistics. Princeton's not producing the depth it used to and Yale seems to be trending up.

First post agreeing with a banned user?

In any case, we are happy to report that Princeton did very well on the job market this year (not sure about Yale) and with its recent hires -- both junior and senior -- should continue that upwards trend. We look forward to meeting anyone interested at the opening day when you will hear more about this.

backtotheUS

(1st year, Princeton U)

• 2 weeks later...
Princeton's falling on some hard times. They aren't placing as well as Yale and Yale is producing better research. Yale has somewhere around the 9th most influential, breakthrough research while Princeton has the 13th, behind UCLA, NYU, and Michegan. Tom's ranking

I don't understand why this was voted off. Was it offensive? It seems like he's looking at some sort of quantitative sorting system that is plausible.

I don't understand why this was voted off. Was it offensive? It seems like he's looking at some sort of quantitative sorting system that is plausible.

The same post was spammed on numerous Princeton threads by the poster in the course of a few days (at most), including a few that could only be found using the search because they were so old. Posting it once or twice with no new content would be fine, as the comment by itself is rather innocent and potentially helpful. Spamming numerous threads with what eventually came to imply the equivalent of "Princeton sucks" is not so useful.

Edit: Assuming the link works, you can see all seven of lauler's posts here: http://www.www.urch.com/forums/search.php?searchid=713736. Every one is bashing Princeton, and some are duplicates.

OneMoreEcon explained why people objected to laurer's original post. I have to say I'm suspicious of your motives in reviving this thread, though. Your only two posts on this forum have been to defend an inflammatory user (laurer) with whom you share an IP address.