Urch Forums

FYI: Online Real Analysis Course

rBoogie

I originally found this message board via a Google search for an online/correspondence course of some sort for a "Real Analysis" course. Reason: prepping for a grad-school econ program somewhere...

Since I found the forum to be really helpful, I wanted to return the favor and share my discovery of a distance learning program offered by SUNY Empire State. I just enrolled in this course. I wish I could take the course at a brick-and-mortar, but cannot afford to do so as tuition rates in my state (CA) have been increasing ridiculously every year for the past 6 years now. Plus, I've just completed my Bachelors and need the convenience of an online correspondence type course.

Here's the link: Online Real Analysis Course via SUNY Empire State The course is offered in the Fall Semester (according to info from the website/page)

Cost: $1,468.00

(Compared to tuition at my alma mater, Fresno State, at almost $3,000.00 for one course for post baccalaureate studies)

Hope this helps someone out...

Also,

For any of you that live in California, Kern Community College, specifically the Cerro Coso Online campus offers a linear algebra course completely online. You have to arrange for your own proctor, but at $46 bucks per unit x 4 units = $184. Fully transferable to a CSU's and meets IGETC requirements for UC. In sum, this is a really good deal. The course uses the same book as Fresno State -Linear Algebra and Applications by Lay.