Urch Forums

math background needed for start reading research in evolutionary game theory?

newdawn

Hi everyone,

Other than analysis and optimization, are there any other courses,such as stochastic processes, one must do to successfully start reading research articles and may be building a small model for a class of evolutionary game theory?

I will appreciate your advice

Best,

Is this an undergraduate class or a graduate class? The math can be really complicated(complicated in the sense of mathematical language used) or not depending on what angle you are approaching it at.

Graduate seminar style class in econ department, next fall. So I do have one semester and full summer to pick 2 math courses(or study them on my own) one each semester.

Given my math background is baby Rudin Chapter 1-5, Sundaram based optimization class, and econ class as the background, what should be the optimal two course math sequence?

One of my professor(non-econ) suggested Measure theoretic probability.

However, I am almost clueless as of now. Should it be Measure Theoritic book such as Athreya and then a Partial differential course? or simply an applied a Stochastic process course?