Urch Forums

need some help for reading skill improvement.

Mono

Hi Friends,

I have taken TOEFL 3 times, but still not able to cross even 20....I am desperately seeking for help to improve my overall TOEFL score. I don't know which type of questions I am missing. My guess is I have missed probably all last questions which are 3-4 points worth. About other questions I don't know.

Can anybody please help me. please tell me what should I do?

Thanks.

Hi,

Actually, the reading part is easiest to me. I do not know what your weakness is; therefore, I may not give you my best opinion. However, I practiced follow things to improve my score:

1. You do not need to read all the passage, read the questions and find the similar words in the passage that match with the questions. Read around this part only.

2. Practice to read as fast as you can. You can save up overall time.

3. Learn more vocabularies. This will help you answer synomym-word questions easily and quickly.

4. Try to answer qualitatively, not quantitatively. The last questions usually mess you up. If you do not have time for them, just guess the answer because it is not hard to see the right answers.You may not get the entire score but a part of it. Spend more time for previous questions.

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

Actually, the reading part is easiest to me. I do not know what your weakness is; therefore, I may not give you my best opinion. However, I practiced follow things to improve my score:

1. You do not need to read all the passage, read the questions and find the similar words in the passage that match with the questions. Read around this part only.

3. Learn more vocabularies. This will help you answer synomym-word questions easily and quickly.

4. Try to answer qualitatively, not quantitatively. The last questions usually mess you up. If you do not have time for them, just guess the answer because it is not hard to see the right answers.You may not get the entire score but a part of it. Spend more time for previous questions.

Good luck

Hi thanks for your advice

• 2 months later...
Hi,

Good luck

which material did you use to increase your vocab? Can you share for me?