Urch Forums

How many time can I retake the TOEFL test?

lianbaoqi

Hi Everyone,

My name is Barbara. How many times can I retake the TOEFL test if I'm not satisfied with my score?

I want my first test score aroud 500, but how can I do? What should I study? I have a TOEFL book that I'm study now, but is there anything else that I need that might help me study?

If you have any suggestion pleas let me know!

Looking forward to all of your replys.

Barbara :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone,

My name is Barbara. How many times can I retake the TOEFL test if I'm not satisfied with my score?

I want my first test score aroud 500, but how can I do? What should I study? I have a TOEFL book that I'm study now, but is there anything else that I need that might help me study?

If you have any suggestion pleas let me know!

Looking forward to all of your replys.

Barbara :)

Hi Barbara,

I am Ngoc Huyen .I am from Vietnam.I am sorry because I can't help you .YOu know,i am studying now and i will take TOefl exam too.But I don't know which book is best to read .I am very nervous.I think if i take TOEFL exam now ,my score maybe only 300 or maybe lessthan that.I am really worried.I can't help you now but you can share with me your worrying.Please let me know if you agree.Thanks a lot.

Hi Ngoc,

I'm going to take my TOELF soon too. When are you taken yours? I think I'm going to take my in October. If You like, we can study together online. I have no one to study with. That way, we can help each other out. What do you think? Please let me know!

Looking forward to your reply,

Barbara

Hey Barbara,

I jsut gave my TOEFL on 10th july and got 223-273 range on CBT (i.e. from 300). Still waiting for the final scores. U can give TOEFL once a month that means 12 times a year. But dont worry u will get through the first time itself. Best of luck.

SAUMYA.

TOEFL doesn't have limits for the number of times you can take the test, other than the "once-per-calendar-month" rule.

However, I recommend that you save yourself some money by taking TOEFL PowerPrep tests over and over again until you're within range of the score you're trying to get.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Barbara,

I am Ngoc Huyen .I am from Vietnam.I am sorry because I can't help you .YOu know,i am studying now and i will take TOefl exam too.But I don't know which book is best to read .I am very nervous.I think if i take TOEFL exam now ,my score maybe only 300 or maybe lessthan that.I am really worried.I can't help you now but you can share with me your worrying.Please let me know if you agree.Thanks a lot.

Hi Huyen,

I've heard that u're going to learn TOEFL. Would u mind if I join in ur group, and we can learn together?? I'd appreciate it very much, cuz I'm going to take it maybe in the next 6 months.