Urch Forums

Please grade my essay :(

BueAngel

Comment the following statement: It's much better to watch the film than read the book.

Watching the film and reading the book both have pros and cons. However many people prefer to read the book before watching the movie. I also prefer to read the book first.

There are some advantages of reading the book instead watching the movie. The book allows imagination and details. There is much more information in a book. Only by reading the book and using your imagination you can really fell the story and enter in the book world. The movie is a barrier for the imagination. Also, the characters in a book are more developed. When you read the book you can allow yourself some time to think or to meditate. You assimilate easier and much more information by reading the book than watching the movie.

Watching the movie can be good for those who usually don't read because sometimes a book can be complex and difficult to read. Reading a book may take more time than watching a movie and this is also a reason why some people choose to watch the movie.

I don't agree with the statement that it's much better to watch the film than read the book. I always read the book first. The film was made after the book and not vice versa. The book allows imagination, there are many details and the characters are more developed. These are the reasons why many people prefer to read the book instead of watching the movie.

Watching the film and reading the book both have pros and cons. However many people prefer to read the book before watching the movie. I also prefer to read the book first.

Grammar: Great! Topic Development: Very good, but the question was "Better to watch film or read book?" Be more forward in your opinion: "I think it is better to read the book than watch the film."

There are some advantages of reading the book instead watching the movie. use "to" instead of "of". The book allows for more imagination and details. There is much more information in a book. Only by reading the book and using your imagination can you can really fell the story and enter in into (not "in") the book's world. The movie is a barrier for the imagination. Also, the characters in a book are more developed. When you read the book you can allow yourself some time to think or to meditate. You assimilate easier and much more information by reading the book than watching the movie. You assimilate the book more easily and receive much more information by reading the book than by watching the movie.

Watching the movie can be good for those who usually don't read because sometimes a book can be complex and difficult to read. Reading a book may take more time than watching a movie and this is also a reason why some people choose to watch the movie. Here you argue the other point, I think it is better to stay focused on your point!

I don't agree with the statement that it's much better to watch the film than read the book. I always read the book first. The film was made after the book and not vice versa. The book allows imagination, there are many details and the characters are more developed. These are the reasons why many people prefer to read the book instead of watching the movie.

Summary: 1) Focus on your point and answer the question focusing on that. 2) Include a personal example: "I read the book X, and it was much better than the movie which it was based on. For example........"

Still, a good essay, and good length, around 250 words!!!

For more TOEFL help visit our teacher's free blog or join our online classes per the link in my signature. Teacher's blog: TOEFL Ryan

Tino