Thanks everyone for the help.
I juz got my score...110(29,28,24,29)
your posts and feedback helped a lot. thank yu sooooooooooo much.
The Saudi Test-Prep Network - http://www.SaudiTestPrep.Net - Twitter @SaudiTestPrep
Thank yu....well I watched "Friends" a lot........lollll
I'll try to list everything I think help me in one or the other way, hope that'll help.
Here I would say my preparation for GRE came handy. My Toefl exam was juz 2 months after GRE.
1. I liked reading techniques in "Cracking toefl ibt" by princeton review like how to deal with difficult words etc.
2. Barron's has 7 model tests. I did reading practice from there.
3. I like reading but i would like to mention you dont need to read hard articles n all. Well i read novels ......Anna Karenina...
I am living in US for more than an year and that has helped a lot.
1. TV is not that bad. Watched all my favorite english shows and movies as normal, no cut down on 'em.(Recommend watching FX....lolllll)
2. I spent quite some time on youtube too watching videos,whether beauty channels, but still was listening English.
3. I joined my uncle's retail store as trainee. Interaction with natives was daily coz of dat, a plus.
So find anything that interest you and exercises you brain for listening.
Here i would like to mention my mistakes or what i dint do dat i should have done.
1. Get comfortable speaking into microphone. its difficult to talk to nobody. Use a recorder or your phone to record you speak and playback. It'll help you know how you speak and even if you keep getting stuck in the beginning dont give up.
2. Practice enough. No shortcut here. I feel we speak better in our heads so try to speak like dat out too, may be try talking to yourself but out loud. I am not bad in speaking but had i practiced more i would had score more.
3. Notefull videos,so required. http://www.youtube.com/user/NoteFulldotcom . Do checkout,first thing after you finish reading my reply.
1. Let me say m not a good writer but practice did wonder. With toefl ets book comes list of 180 topics. Do try some 10-15 atleast.
2. Again notefull videos and princeton review book. Well i read one meant for GRE but the one for toefl also has same techniques explained.
3. Watch word count. i remember specifically my independent writing task was 376 words. So write quite something on bigger side around 400-450 words on independent task but dont repeat.
1. ETS official book. Everything in this is must,each bit is important.
2. Cracking GRE by Princeton review (equivalent of toefl is titled "cracking toefl ibt"). Techniques in this are good for start. If you want dis one let me know.
3. Barrons. First did diagnostic test in this. Posted my writing on urch to know where i was and then started practicing. Did major reading practice from its model tests.
4. Cambridge but my public library had the one for computer based only. So did what was relevant "Reading practice".
1.Visit library regularly,if you can
2. Practice enough, no cutting on this
Hope I helped and Good Luck
Hi reet25 congratulation on thy brilliant success. Unfortunately i come to know about urch website very late.Iam new in this forum. For the last one year iam trying to pass toefl ibt and achieve required score but miserably failed. The only problem is to get 26 in speaking, i got 24, 23 . Can u give me some good suggestions how to improve my score.
Thanks and waiting in anticipation.
Our student just got 28 in speaking, after taking TOEFL 5 times and never breaking 24. Took 3 weeks. If you really want to get 26+..... well.... :-)
Ah my friend, but 24 is not the problem. Lot's of people are stuck at 24. The problem is to make 24 into 26 or higher..... :-)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)