Urch Forums

score range

sunnyjain

i wud like to know how is score graded on cbt and when they show you your range how much shud you add more to it to get an idea of your final score ,or what is included and what is not in the score range.

why do they write structure/writing 12-25

what should you infer from this

THE FOLLOWING IS NOT AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT OF ETS.IT'S DERIVED FROM MY CALCULATIONS. but it's true;)

I will explain you with an example.Suppose that you have the following scores:

Structure/Writing: 09-27

Listening: 28

Reading Comp: 27

The Structure/Writing means that the lowest possible scores could be 9,and this will be so if you have 0 scores on the essay.If you have the maximum 6 scores on the essay the overall scores for the Structure/Writing will be 27.The scores you earn on the essay are multiplied by 3 and added to the lowest possible scores for this section.Example:Suppose you have 4 on the essay.Consequently,

4*3+9=21 ,which means that you will have 21 on the Structure/Writing section

Now it's time for the TOTAL scores.Add the scores from all sections,multiply by 10,and divide it by 3,and you are the winner.:cool::cool:Example:

(21+28+27)*10/3= 253.33333 (You don't have to be a GMAT wiz to solve this equation:drunk:)After you get this result, round it to the nearest tenth,and voala you result is 250..

• 3 weeks later...