Urch Forums

need help

afsana

I had given tse in oct.09 and they lost my record and asked me to retake.I agreed and given it again in jan. 10. I got my result in feb. and got a score of 30 with a wrong test taken date.I had given this test before too and always got a score of 45 and even this time my test was very good and i was expecting 50,Its really perturbing me a lot how i could get 30 only with a wrong test date 10 jan. instead of 17 jan. on my result.Can anyone can me suggest me shold i try for re scoring or not.

Thanks

I had given tse in oct.09 and they lost my record and asked me to retake.I agreed and given it again in jan. 10. I got my result in feb. and got a score of 30 with a wrong test taken date.I had given this test before too and always got a score of 45 and even this time my test was very good and i was expecting 50,Its really perturbing me a lot how i could get 30 only with a wrong test date 10 jan. instead of 17 jan. on my result.Can anyone can me suggest me shold i try for re scoring or not.

Thanks

Hello afsana sorry to hear that they lost your oct 09, coming to jan 10 its not wrong test date , i even took test same date got the score report its month - jan and year - 10 , i even got confused initially but if u look at under the jan it says month and under the 10 it says year so its jan 10 test no date printed on score report just month and year , if you are confident that you did good go for rescoring , best of luck , i hate ets for losing a test

• 4 weeks later...

hi

I got new score sent by ets today and got 50 its really good for me.Now can some one help that how i can apply for fpgee certificate.I had passed fpgee and toefl in 2005 and i dont know how the new rules would be affected me or not. Do i need to take toefl again or not.Kindly reply me asap.

Thanks

Hi afsana

the best thing to do is calling NABP , they are the one who will tell you exactly your situation & if your Toefl score is still vaild or no ,because as i know Toefl score is vaild for 2 years only ,also you can email them

congratualion for your TSE , really iam surprised that your score jumped from 30 to 50 , no wonder that NABP changed all the regulations regarding the toefl

hi afsana

congratulations for getting 50 in TSE..........I dont know exactly abt TOEFL validity but regarding new rule if you have taken FPGEE before then you can send yr score upto june 30th but I think that you need to take TEOFl PBT again so check now if any center is available then still u have liitlebit time..........good luck

You need to check with NABP whether NABP received your TOEFL score that you took in 2005 or not. If NABP received it, it would be in NABP database. You do not need to take any more TOEFL.

Just a reminder, do not forget to write a letter to NABP to keep your file open every two years. Otherwise, your file will be closed. (check the FPGEC bulletin, page 21.)

TOEFL score is valid for ETS for 2 years. It means that ETS will not report the score to institutions after 2 years but once it is sent to NABP, it will be valid in NABP database as long as your file exists. Once your file is closed, you must start over from the beginning.

After you pass the TOEFL test, please check with NABP whether NABP receives your score or not. However, please give ETS about 2 weeks for mailing delivery of score report to reach NABP after the result is out.

In addition, you do not need to apply for FPGEC certificate. NABP knows what to do. It is its jobs to automatically issue the FPGEC certificate when you meet all the requirements.

Edited by knok