Urch Forums

People listen to music for different reasons and at different times. Why is music imp

sumansiddiq

I believe that Music is one kind of recreational arts that blended with us as a part and parcel of our life. There are many kinds of music like pop, jazz, classical, folk, country songs and even we can see some only instrumental music. Peoples choose music types according to their mood during their listening time. Music can express our emotion in succinctly but in an effective way. Music is played in rhyme. These rhymes have strong force to console our mind.

Peoples select different music at different time concordance with listening time’s mood and objectives. Spiritual songs give us thought about others and about after life. I think this is one of the best ways to reduces sin and to repeal darkness from our mind. Folk songs tell about our culture and heritage. Decades after decades these songs preserve culture successfully. Country songs help us to love country and its people. For example, during liberation war in Bangladesh some country songs encouraged us to fight vigorously. Though I believe fight is not good things but history says some times it is inevitable.

Our body needs food to maintain normal physiology. Similarly, music is the nutrient of mind to some peoples. Sound body and sound mind gives us good health. Now we are passing an era that is very materialistic. Every one is struggling to emulate others. Consequence is stress. Stress causes many diseases like psychological problem, diabetes, and hypertension and so on. Many researches show that music is helpful to relieve mental agitation. As body and mind are related, a calm mentality helps our body to be calm also. For instance, if I pass a rough day after reaching home I usually listen classical music which makes me very comfortable. In our country in Bangladesh Rabindra's (Rabindra Nath Tagore, a noble laureate in literature) songs are popular due to its tone and language. His lyrics are very emotional, spiritual and also soothing. So, listening Rabindra's song is one of the way to placate and relax ourselves. Even music can help us to create a good and intelligent nation. Study shows that if pregnant mother listens classical music it helps in-utero child to develop intelligence.

We do not have enough time to read good books because of rush. Proses and literatures are usually long. Proses are sometimes dry. 'Prosaic' word also derived from prose that means dull and unimaginative. But songs are very rhythmic. It is possible to express some prose content in songs. As songs are played in with rhythm, our minds can absorb these easily.

In conclusion, we listen music to help ourselves in various ways likes soothing and relaxing our minds and body, generating intelligence child, loving countries and people, and even to reduce sin from our society, music can help.