Urch Forums

Why do you think people attend college or university?

wonderx

Can anybody mark my essay? Thank you in advance.

With the development of our society, more and more people attend colleges and universities. Though they all choose to receive higher education, their internal motive are different. From my perspective of surrounding people, desire for knowledge, career preparation and pressure from family are the three main reasons.

The content in highschool textbooks is limited, but still enough to provoke high school students' curiosity about some specific fields. They thirst for more knowledge about them and the universities and colleges, which possess knowledgeable professors, large libaries full of books and advanced facilities, provide them with best conditions to search for increased knowledge. As regard people interested in experimental subject such as chemistry, it is impossible to carry out their experiments without labs and some specific equipments. Factually, many people take these as important factors when choosing universities and colleges.

Besides the advantageous conditions, attending universities and colleges also make people better prepared for their career. What taught there are pertinent to some subjects and professional, and they often organize students into some internship in which students can practice what they have learned. Receiving these education and trainings make people more competent in their future work. Nowadays, many famous corporation declare in public that the lowest requirment for their employee is a bachelor degree.

Pressure does not only come from society in job-hunting. Many people lack of their own view attend universities just to satisfy their parents. In our country, some parents disgraced and humble if their children are not university man. Regardless of the children's own feeling and idea, they exert much pressure on the children and forced them to take the college entering exam. Despite such phenomena is wrong, it exit widely in my surrounding people.

There are still other reasons, namely, making more friends and experiencing a new kind of life. But in my opinion, no matter what drive people to attend universities and colleges, the most important thing is to confirm what you like and consider carefully before making decision.

Hello, wonderx. Your essay makes a good overall impression. But there are some grammatical mistakes. Here is my review:

Originally posted by wonderx

Can anybody mark my essay? Thank you in advance.

With the development of our society, more and more people attend colleges and universities. Though they all choose to receive higher education, their internal motives are different. From my perspective of surrounding people, desire for knowledge, career preparation and pressure from family are the three main reasons.

The content in highschool textbooks is limited, but still enough to provoke high school students' curiosity about some specific fields. They thirst for more knowledge about them and the universities and colleges, which possess knowledgeable professors, large libaries full of books and advanced facilities, provide them with best conditions to search for increased knowledge. As regard, for people interested in an experimental subject such as chemistry, it is impossible to carry out their experiments without labs and some specific equipments. Factually, many people take these as important factors when choosing universities and colleges.

Besides the advantageous conditions, attending universities and colleges also make people better prepared for their career. What taught there is pertinent to some subjects and professional, and they often organize students into some internship in which students can practice what they have learned. Receiving these education and trainings make people more competent in their future work. Nowadays, many famous corporations declare in public that the lowest requirment for their employee is a bachelor degree.

Pressure does not only come from society in job-hunting. Many people lack of their own view and attend universities just to satisfy their parents. In our country (here, I think, it would be nice to mention what country you are from. it would give your essay a personal touch.), some parents disgraced and humble if their children are not university men. Regardless of the children's own feeling and idea, they (who?) exert much pressure on the children and force (not forced)them to take the college entering exam. Despite such phenomenon ( phenomena is plural) is wrong, it exists widely in my surrounding people people surrounding me.

There are still other reasons, namely, making more friends and experiencing a new kind of life. But in my opinion, no matter what drives people to attend universities and colleges, the most important thing is to confirm what you like and consider carefully before making a decision.

Your reasons are convincing and the essay is well formatted, but try to restate your ideas in the conclusion. That will make your good essay even better. Good luck!