Urch Forums

Essay - It has been recently announced that a large shopping

angelaff

Hi! Could someone correct this essay? I'm taking the TOEFL exam next week, and I would like to know which score I could get with this essay.

Any type of comments will be very helpful! Thank you!

Angela

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It has recently been announced that a large shopping center may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that a large shopping center in my neighborhood would be a great idea, as the nearest shopping center in my city is still very far from my house: I take about half an hour to get there by car. The best advantage in having a shopping center near my house is that I wouldn’t need to get the car to go to the shopping. I could leave it at home and go on foot, so wouldn’t have to pay the parking ticket and I’d also save fuel. Another good point is that I would have a place near home where to have a fast lunch and to buy almost everything I need. And if there was a cinema in the shopping center, better yet! It would be one more option of entertainment near my house.

Maybe one disadvantage is that there would be an increase in traffic in my neighborhood. Nowadays it is a very calm place and I like that. However, for me this is a minor problem in comparison with all the facilities that it would bring to my life.

• 1 month later...