Urch Forums

Hello every one ... Please evaluate my essay and comment

jinesh7911

Issue: Students, not teachers or administrators, should be in control of their own education.

Response……

The issue at hand is questioning whether students, not teachers or

administrators, should be in control of their own education. This issue is very important because it deals with the career of the students which is at stake. I disagree that students, not teachers or administrators, should be in control of their own education because this might lead to a big disaster or a blunder.

Firstly, students are too young to decide about their education. Students are naive and haven’t seen the world around, so to make a crucial decision about education they have to have good knowledge and experience which our teachers and administrators possess. For example, if we agree to the above statement it would be like a child of seven or eight years ruling a kingdom and giving orders for law and harmony instead of playing with his camaraderie. Thus the end result would be self explanatory. Hence I believe that not students but teachers and administrators should decide about a student’s education.

Secondly, if students were to control their own education they would resort to unfair means. Let me explain. Consider an examination scene; students will try to cheat using unconventional means to achieve a good score. This will definitely serve the purpose of scoring high but in reality they will not learn what was supposed to be learnt. This in turn will play havoc when the student will need to apply the knowledge of the subject in practical life which he is unaware of. Thus I would prefer the teachers and administrators to decide about the student’s education.

Furthermore, young minds are easily attracted to things which are more popular or preferred by their friends. For instance, a fellow student wants to pursue medicine because his father is a doctor. Seeing or hearing this, his friend also wants to pursue medicine. Thus these young minds don’t have the ability to perceive and discriminate between things possible or impossible or rather achievable or unachievable. As they grow up, their liking and disliking change. May have inclination towards some subjects and may avert from others. If it happens that they are made their own masters they may land up in a big soup ultimately cursing their own stupid decisions. Many students may take to suicide as a possible solution rather than face their parents.

In conclusion I put my foot down to urge that not students but teachers and administrators should be in control of the education system. And I believe this to prevent the above mentioned faulty outcomes.