Urch Forums

Hello, could anyone please check my essay? i have just started preparing for toefl

tur08

TOPIC: A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community .discuss advantages and disadvantages of this new influence in your community . Do you support or oppose this factory ? explain your reasons.

A factory is necessary for the production of the goods required for our living. At the same time there are lots of arguments concerning the location of a factory, whether it should be located near a community or not . Certainly there are views regarding both sides.

Construction of a large factory near our community will provide employment opportunities which are certainly welcomed since the average living standard of our community will be elevated. People won’t have to go far looking for job. So the commute expenses will be lower. Also parents will have free time to spend with their family. Moreover if a factory is built here, our community will get connected to the central city and new roads, highways, shopping mall will be built nearby.

In contrast, building a factory near our community will disrupt the peaceful environment .although there are certain regulations that need to be maintained when building a factory still it is not possible to protect the environment completely. There will be a certain amount of smoke, waste that will pollute our air, water and land and if the factory involves production of chemicals then situation will be worse. Since at present not many people are unemployed, most of the factory workers will be from outer districts increasing the population of the community. There is a possibility that anti-social activities will increase and our children will be exposed to that .also the place where the factory will be built is grassland with lots of trees and exotic wildflowers. This beautiful place will be destroyed if the factory is built

Personally I am opposed to the idea as I think the negative influence will outweigh the positive. Ours is close-knit community with nice, beautiful environment. It has even won the first prize in the green environment competition held in our city. The people here live a simple, comfortable life which will be disrupted if a factory is built here. Our community will be noisy, crowded just like urban areas. Besides it is not as if the factory is necessary for our community, certainly it is so for our country. In that case it would be better for all concerned building that in the industrial area instead of nearby a local community.