Urch Forums

#082: Advertising can tell you a lot about a count

Erin

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by Erin Billy

#082: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Advertising can tell you a lot about a country. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

I strongly agree that advertising can show a lot about a country, you can judge the culture and economic situation of a country by advertising. I will support my opinion through following reasons and examples.

I think advertising can tell you a lot about the culture. Maybe this opinion is not correct about some countries such as, america or canada which are multicultural, and there are many different kind of nationality and cultures. But about most countries such as Iran, where I grew up, advertising can tell a lot about religious, culture,.... For instance, you can't see a woman in an Iranian advertise which she doesn't cover her hair. It shows that this advertise should be from an Islamic country.

There is another important thing that advertise can tell you about a country. Advertising can tell you about the economic situation of a country. I have two reasons:

First of all, if you see or hear many advertising in a country, it means there are many competitions among companies, and also it means people's perchase power is high. For example, if there is many advertise about travelling agents, it means people in that country have enough money to spend for travellings. I think it shows a healthy economic.

Secondly, if you see many advertising from foriegn countries and from big companeis in a country, it means that the country has stable economic situation which big companies are convicted to invest there, and that country has very good market to sell their products.

In conclusion, as I mentioned above, advertising can tell you a lot about a country, you can judge about the culture and economic situation.

to parisa

I strongly agree that advertising can show a lot about a country, you can judge the culture and economic situation of a country by advertising. I will support my opinion through following reasons and examples.

I think advertising can tell you a lot about the culture. Maybe this opinion is not correct about (to)some countries such as, america or canada which are multicultural, and there are many different kind of nationality(nationalities) and cultures. But about (to)most (of) countries such as Iran, where I grew up, advertising can tell a lot about religious, culture,.... For instance, you can't see a woman in an Iranian advertise(advertisement) which she doesn't cover her hair. It shows that this advertise (advertisement)should be from an Islamic country.

There is another important thing that advertise(advertisement) can tell you about a country. Advertising can tell you about the economic situation of a country. I have two reasons:

First of all, if you see or hear many advertising(advertisements) in a country, it means there are many competitions among companies, and also it means people's perchase power is high. For example, if there is many advertise (advertisement)about travelling agents, it means people in that country have enough money to spend for travellings. I think it shows a healthy economic(economy).

Secondly, if you see many advertising(advertisements) from foriegn countries and from big companeis in a country, it means that the country has stable economic situation which big companies are convicted (convinced)to invest there, and that country has very good market to sell their products.(and there is very good market for their products in that country )

In conclusion, as I mentioned above, advertising can tell you a lot about a country, you can judge (about) the culture and economic situation.

I just have some checks for you,maybe it is not suitful,I think your composition is good,and your idea is clear.I wish you to have a good score.

Hi may you please comment my essay? It's a little bit short.

[dance]

82. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Advertising can tell you a lot about a country. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Needless to say, the primary purpose of advertising is to convey the information, which includes the functions, the styles, and etc., to the consumers. At the same time, what the product inventors of a particular country can design is usually inspired by the culture, living environment surrounding them, and constrained by the existing techniques and especially the demand of the consumers of that country. As such, advertising can tell me a lot about a country.

Advertisements of tourism by the governments to the potential overseas travelers are the most obvious examples that can tell the others about a country. Since the time limit for such an advertisement is about one minute, the information that it can convey is usually very concentrated and exact. Like the one broadcasted by the Malaysia Tourism Board, it shows us the images which ranges from the tropical climate, the magnificent sea view, the famous scenic spots to the enthusiasm of the Malaysian.

Some advertisements can show the technological level and the competitive advantage possessed by a country. Over the past decades, more and more high technological products like MP3, television sets, 3G mobiles and etc. produced in Japan are frequently broadcasted at the peak time. Similar advertisements of goods made by other countries are shadowed by the Japanese. A consumer may think that the technological level of Japan has become more competitive than that before. Such a thought can be verified with the alignment with the current situation.

What¡¦s more, how the advertisement are delivered and the casting chosen by the directors can give us a sense about some of the hobbies or favorites of that country. In America, more NBA basketball players than the football players are invited to be one of the casts of the advertisements. Though they do not explicitly mention in the advertisements that the American prefer basketball to football, we know that there is such a trend existed there.

Since the main function of an advertisement is to clearly state the properties of a product, some information about a country may be hidden. However, the style of an advertisement can somewhat show us the hidden trend or taste of a country.

Thanks for pointing my error. You are absolutely rigth. I just look up the dictionary that "etc" means "and other things". So, if I put "and" before "etc", there are double "and".

The correct form should like the one you point out.

" ---, ---, --- etc. --"

Thanks a lot, I haven't thought of this question before!

• 1 month later...

Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Advertising can tell you a lot about a country. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Essay:

Advertising oftens concern to a comercial product, a real purpose, and it's always made by a brief description. When we say about a country, we oftens discuss to its history, its culture, its social, etc. And this thing can't describe in abtracts, so I can confirm that advertising can't tell a lot about a country.

Firstly, Advertising is oftens made by companies or manufacturers that they want to broadcast their product in order to sell more and more and gain money from selling those their products as much as possible. Their advertising has only pupose to attrative their potential consumers, they do not care much about history or culture of a country. So I can say that advertising doesn't support to tell about a country.

Secondary, the titles are not means all the contents. you can't say that you understand exactly about a problem that you only know it through some words or some pictures. Advertising always use only some word to create a content to its purpose. Through it, I'm sure that we can't find out anything about a country.

By these reasons I proved above, I strongly believed to say that: Advertising can't tell much about a country.